Plastic Bottles

I know you're not allowed to bring any plastic water or soda bottles on board, but are you still allowed to bring on Listerine mouth rinse in a large bottle. Yes, it's really Mouthwash and not alcohol😂🤣

I've never read or seen or experienced anyone's mouthwash being confiscated....I've also not read of any rule in the "before you sail" information restricting mouthwash in a plastic bottle......All the personal hygiene and personal toiletries in my luggage must be made of a type of plastic that does not harm/upset folks as those are allowed.

But whatever they use for plastic for water bottles seems to be really bad for the environment.

(I do not understand but that seems to be the way it is handled)

Bring on the Listerine.....no matter what's in the bottle!

We've never had any trouble bringing on a bottle of water (we bring one bottle each, not multiple bottles) or any toiletries.  Shampoo, conditioner, mouth wash...  We need this stuff and HAL is not going to take it away from us. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

But whatever they use for plastic for water bottles seems to be really bad for the environment.

The same plastic is used in mouthwash bottles - and salad dressing bottles, and many others. The plastic water bottle ban, which ignores other bottles made of the same material, is probably just targeting the largest category of bottles brought on board. Certainly, there is nothing more (or less) environmentally detrimental in the material of manufacture. 

• Like 2

We always bring mouthwash (although in smaller bottles) as well as 2 empty plastic drinking bottles. We refill the bottles after security to the plane and use them on the ships and excursions. We never throw them away on the ship but if we need new ones we do that in port so they can be recycled. HAL doesn't want to have to recycle them or fill them up in trash so they frown on bringing them. (Plus many end up in the water which I see regularly while I do clean up locally). 

16 hours ago, retiretwo said:

I know you're not allowed to bring any plastic water or soda bottles on board, but are you still allowed to bring on Listerine mouth rinse in a large bottle. Yes, it's really Mouthwash and not alcohol😂🤣

Absolutely not. Lot of bad breath onboard 🤣🤣.

Only kidding, my instincts tell me there is no problem bring mouthwash onboard.

57 minutes ago, ExArkie said:

The same plastic is used in mouthwash bottles - and salad dressing bottles, and many others. The plastic water bottle ban, which ignores other bottles made of the same material, is probably just targeting the largest category of bottles brought on board. Certainly, there is nothing more (or less) environmentally detrimental in the material of manufacture. 

Not to mention a revenue generator.

• Like 3

Speaking of plastic, I have been consciously using more bar soaps at my sinks at home.  There is less plastic trash on the beach near where I live, so I am supportive of the limitation of plastic bottles onboard.  It is disheartening, however, to notice that gazillions of products in my local grocery store are wrapped in plastic.  Ok, sorry to hijack this thread.....

• Like 1