Diamond Princess Disabled Balcony Cabins

We are cruising out of Japan in May on the Diamond Princess . Has anybody used the Disabled balcony cabins on this ship. I know it’s an old ship and I’m a bit worried about the handrails in the toilets around the toilet. My wife uses a wheelchair and preferably needs two rails around the toilet to access it without a lot of trouble. I have tried to ask the question to Princess but they are very vague and can’t really supply a picture to put our minds at ease. As anybody with a disability knows it can play on your mind till you actually see the proper layout. Has anybody used these cabins or has any photos of the cabin bathroom 

Posted (edited)

Sorry...I can't help you with the Diamond P specifically, but we sailed the Pacific Princess back in 2020 just before the pandemic hit.  We were "assigned" an accessible cabin pretty much at the last minute...probably just a couple of days prior to sailing.  We did not ask for or need such a cabin...it was our first time in such.  Apparently nobody else ended up needing it and we were assigned.

Anyway...I went back into my picture archive because I *thought* I remembered pictures that I took.  I cannot say for certain that the Diamond would have the same layout...but hopefully this will give you an idea of what to expect:

20200105_141715.jpg

Note the "fold-down" bar attached to the wall....

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

Thanks Rick and JF Interesting photos I think your right Rick about the One fold down arm on the Grand Class Ships but as JF has shown one side of the official photos are not really clear as to what’s on the other side . Maybe someone has a photo of the whole area. Anyway thanks ,we are getting an idea now .