LIVE from the Celebration 1/14-1/21…

That is good. 
it is gonna be a hot one. Saw Webecruising, and they are heading to Coki. Making me second guess my plan, but we will steer the course and try out Magen’s. Lee just said the gangways are open and Carnival Sunshine will be here later today. 

image.jpg

• Like 20

13 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’ve bought LV in port and at the LV store in port. Feeling like I was robbed at the store. That U-Haul just backed up with the freshest gear off the Chinese boat   $50 make you holler. 

When I was in real estate (as a manager, not an agent) in Florida during the boom before the crash almost 20 years ago, one of our agents spent a cool $1k on the LV bucket list bag she had saved up for. 

One. Thousand. Dollars. 

For a purse. Just one purse. In 2005.

I was buying the patchwork leather shoulder bags at Kmart (I was kinda like Rain Man with Kmart, R.I.P.) on sale for about twelve bucks at that point. I still have a Joe Boxer nylon purse-tote from the era that has held up fabulously. When I Marie Kondo my stuff it stays because it still gives me joy.

I honestly had never even imagined purses existed that cost a thousand dollars. My little pea brain spun around in my skull for a long while trynna come to grips with that.

I have a much higher income now, not rich but not poor. And my husband bought me a Michael Kors bag a few years ago so I could finally be decent. 

I used it for about a year. It sits on my dresser still looking brand new (that amazing durable textured finish) waiting to return to service, which it will at some point. When I use it I often think it’s more valuable than all the contents it carries, and honestly it was a huge bargain by modern purse standards.

My current bag is a small black leather hand me down Aigner with the little metal A logo, that my stepmom tried to sell at one of my garage sales for $5. She also brought over a brown leather Stone Mountain that went unsold and is therefore in my closet until it’s resurrected.

From the same source I previously had a summery Coach canvas purse until the zipper broke as well as a very, very fake Prada. I checked it out on the internet and literally every detail was the fake version, plate, stitching, lining, and nasty vinyl material which started cracking a few weeks into its final usage period. 🤷‍♀️ I asked her where she got it and she didn’t remember.

I still just don’t get it with the bags and my luggage is far worse! I should be embarrassed but I never care if the ground crew apes destroy it and nobody ever even considers it could be worth stealing. 

What is wrong with me? 

• Like 8