Retreat Questions

smeck

Posted (edited)

On January 19th I’ll be boarding the Beyond for my first Celebrity cruise and retreat experience.  I was curious what kind of crowds I can expect on the Sun deck and Luminae?  I have been on the Haven on NCL and enjoyed the experience, no crowds, no waits for drinks and a wonderful restaurant where I waited  5 minutes at the most to be seated with great service. 

Edited by smeck

Just got off the Beyond in the retreat…we had previously sailed several times on the Edge and Apex in sky suites… we all felt it seemed so much bigger and didn’t feel as exclusive…Luminae felt very big  compared to the Edge and Apex  and huge versus the last time we were on the Summit…in addition chair hogs were out in full force…we came out after breakfast to get chairs…and I would say 90% of chairs had property on them with about 10% actually having people…I spoke with others later in the day in the pool and they had the same experience…we still had a great cruise but it was a different feeling…

Luminae is large but it never felt crowded.  The only timer had a wait was the first night when it seemed everyone showed up between 7:15-7-45.  

Unfortunately our Beyond cruise had lousy weather so I didn’t venture out to the Sun Deck except to look around.

It was beautiful, 2 deck area with some nice shaded areas as well as plenty of sun.   We have been on the Edge (5X)

and Apex and was always able to find a lounger, but like any pool area not always next to the pool.  

28 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Luminae is large but it never felt crowded.  The only timer had a wait was the first night when it seemed everyone showed up between 7:15-7-45.  

Unfortunately our Beyond cruise had lousy weather so I didn’t venture out to the Sun Deck except to look around.

It was beautiful, 2 deck area with some nice shaded areas as well as plenty of sun.   We have been on the Edge (5X)

and Apex and was always able to find a lounger, but like any pool area not always next to the pool.  

That has been our experience on Apex and Edge, as well. Have always enjoyed the Retreat experience. Will be first time on Beyond in April/May so, hopefully, it will be the same. Though, I understand and having seen videos that they replaced the outdoor terrace area on the first level which was our go-to most morning for continental breakfast, champagne and sitting outside weather permitting. I miss that!