Celebration! / Live! / Solo? Jan-14-21-2024 The Tribe Cruise!

20 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

But seriously, I don't want to get up and go to work anymore... I've got to figure out a way to "vacation" more and "work" less... They say that if you find a way to make a living "doing what you love", then you'll never work a day in your life... That's the job I want... ... ...

Not sure that really exists. I love what I do and I get paid pretty well for it. So--I love my job. But some days I do not enjoy iyt--but I still always love my job!. That's the reality, I think...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Back from my walk now, and stopped by Woody's for a pepper and mushroom cheese steak sandwich. Laundry is in the dryer, and I guess that I'm going to have a few sips of good tequila, but try not to go overboard...

PXL_20240111_223954524.thumb.jpg.fa3c4bfd2205e32f612929630ac2f378.jpg

PXL_20240111_225357797.jpg

• Like 20

7 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

@sid_9169 and @MeganGC1983....is it just me or are any "other" Tribe members surprised by all the "lurkers" who are now joining in the shenanigans!  Great news.

@sid_9169 you TRULY are a master and missing your TRUE calling by not writing more, such a gift and pleasure to read.

I'm not surprised by it, but it does befuddle (yeah, great word that) me a bit. Why be an LTL (long-time lurker)? Just post now and again! All are welcomed (unless they get mean/judgy). All you LTLs -- just join in. Lurking might be a little creepy and we don't think you are creepy, So just. Do. It. 🙂

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On my morning to do list: cut my hair and shave... (Yes, I've been cutting my own hair for over five years now) 

Also gather and stage essentials such as cologne samples, toothbrush and tube, anti hangover remedies, and get my medication and sleeping aids in order. 

The weather here tomorrow is supposed to be nasty, with rain and possible sixty mile per hour winds. No afternoon walk tomorrow, it'll just be packing and probably listening to some old tunes while that happens... It almost seems to be getting real now!

• Like 21

The ports for this sailing aren't exactly among my all time favorites. In Amber Cove I'll probably just be calling it a sea day, as I've never found anything great to do in the Dominican Republic.

In St Thomas I've considered taking the Red Hook ferry over to St John, but that'll all depend on my ability to drag myself out of bed early enough to make a decent day out of it. The more likely scenario will be taking the dollar bus over to Lindquist Beach or maybe Sapphire… I'd also like to find something good to eat there. I've got my eyes on a roti place in Charlotte Amalie, which I've never really explored, so that'll be a whole new experience for me. 

In San Juan I'll probably walk the city streets for a little “gastro tourism”, and try to locate and consume some of the great local food and adult beverages… 

• Like 19

41 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

On my morning to do list: cut my hair and shave... (Yes, I've been cutting my own hair for over five years now) 

Also gather and stage essentials such as cologne samples, toothbrush and tube, anti hangover remedies, and get my medication and sleeping aids in order. 

The weather here tomorrow is supposed to be nasty, with rain and possible sixty mile per hour winds. No afternoon walk tomorrow, it'll just be packing and probably listening to some old tunes while that happens... It almost seems to be getting real now!

@sid_9169..make sure to leave room in your schedule to cash that bonus check I am sure you will be getting tomorrow after such a productive work week!  Cruise cash baby!

• Like 4

Over the holiday break I was going through some old boxes and ran across my collection of Fun Times and Freestyle Daily from NCL. Pretty much every cruise I've ever been on, every single days pages in full. I decided that there was simply no reason to continue holding on to them, as I can't even imagine looking at them again. I ended up chucking them all in the dumpster.

PXL_20231227_143759140.jpg

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Over the holiday break I was going through some old boxes and ran across my collection of Fun Times and Freestyle Daily from NCL. Pretty much every cruise I've ever been on, every single days pages in full. I decided that there was simply no reason to continue holding on to them, as I can't even imagine looking at them again. I ended up chucking them all in the dumpster.

PXL_20231227_143759140.jpg

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 5