Celebration! / Live! / Solo? Jan-14-21-2024 The Tribe Cruise!

48 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Alright, I'm about to go into airplane mode and pray for a smooth on time landing. See y'all in Atlanta...

Safe flight Sid, and here’s hoping for no more idiots today! 

• Like 5

Wow.... sounds like you had the airport experience from hades. 

I hate rude entitled people. The problem is in today's world if you stand up to them when they try to cut you in line or whatever, you have to wonder ok is this some unhinged lunatic whose gonna come at me with a knife, or even has a gun. Not that someone at the airport should realistically have a gun but still. 

Edited by CoasterGuy
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

25% of cruise fare back in OBC…so it’s good to use on a big one. 

Milestone Rewards Program denotes a guest’s 25th, 50th 75th and 100th revenue cruise with Carnival.  Guests will receive a special Milestone Sail & Sign card on their corresponding Milestone cruise.  We want to distinguish guests on their Milestone sailing with a unique card so that we can make his/her Milestone experience extra special and memorable.  After this milestone cruise, they will revert to the card that corresponds to their VIFP level.

In appreciation for their loyalty, the guest will also be granted the opportunity to redeem a future non-refundable onboard credit equivalent to 25%, 50% or 75% of the cruise ticket price, corresponding to the milestone reached. And when a guest reaches his/her 100th cruise, will qualify for a FREE Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska or Australia cruise of their choice (8 days or less, for 2 guests), in accommodations up to and including Ocean Suites (category OS/OT). 

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1173/~/guest-recognition---milestone-rewards-program

There is no universe in which Kmom and company take 25 cruises with the same cruise brand in a single lifetime. 

I will be surprised if I take 25 total across all lines before my travel days are over. This one coming up in May is roughly number 15, haven’t checked the tally lately.

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 3

Sid, I have been reading your posts for a long time.  Your writing style is so easy to follow.  You make me feel as if I have known you for years.  I have never commented on your posts before, but I just wanted you to know how much I have enjoyed "cruising along" with you.  I will look for updates on your "journey" on the Tribe thread.  Wishing you many wonderful cruises to come, even if we're not there to follow along with you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

<Jennifer

• Like 12

Have truly appreciated the chance to read your reviews.

This cruise seemed to be a good mix of solo and social for you, and the chance for many Tribe members to meet and get to know each other. It was great to see everyone getting together. 

I'm hoping you will continue to post on the Tribe thread, or at least give occasional updates. 

• Like 4

Welcome home, Sid, and thanks for another great review. I hope the work week at the Ol’ Salt Mine is an easy one. At least the weather is going to warm up a bit from the last week. It’s been cold, cold, cold.  

• Like 2

I made it to baggage claim in record time, and my box popped up on the belt right away. I'm in the train now heading North / home... Quick shower, then I've gotta find some food! Last thing I ate was the chicken tenders on the ship at 6:50 this morning...

PXL_20240121_212328451.jpg

• Like 24

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Smart for them anyway, not the customers who are stuck inside the airport and have no choice... 

Saw the empty plastic bottles in your cabin; should have grabbed one and put in your backpack.  You can take it thru airport security as long as its empty, and then refill it on the other side.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I made it to baggage claim in record time, and my box popped up on the belt right away. I'm in the train now heading North / home... Quick shower, then I've gotta find some food! Last thing I ate was the chicken tenders on the ship at 6:50 this morning...

PXL_20240121_212328451.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

Stepped off the plane a few minutes after 4, and I'm home safe at 5:14... I love it when a plan comes together... Shower then FOOD...

PXL_20240121_221500737.thumb.jpg.1b55e8a3511b7a98147594761b6ca867.jpg

PXL_20240121_221507063.jpg

Glad you had a smooth travel day!  Please make sure you post your future writings here, ill buy a book for sure.  I love the raw honest style and even your dark posts have an underlying hope to them, its a great perspective! 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

My little piece of junk Honda is still here, and I'm on the hunt for food. I hear Whole Foods has some.

PXL_20240121_223328184.thumb.jpg.5fa601c26d2b868a819b49cf99525aef.jpg

PXL_20240121_223341035.jpg

You almost have room for two cars in that spot. You ever see the movie employee of the month when they put the cashier’s Honda on the rack and sell it?

IMG_9022.thumb.jpeg.3843d5dfebc0146c78756f3fa76eb606.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

In the ten total minutes I was out, I witnessed a police chase, a building nearby on fire, and a minor hit and run accident. I guess that's my official welcome home to the ATL... I'm going to make some dinner now, but I'll be back for my traditional dirty laundry dump in a bit...

• Like 18
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

In the ten total minutes I was out, I witnessed a police chase, a building nearby on fire, and a minor hit and run accident. I guess that's my official welcome home to the ATL... I'm going to make some dinner now, but I'll be back for my traditional dirty laundry dump in a bit...

The first time I read that I didn’t see laundry for some reason. Then I went back and re-read it…okay..traditional dirty LAUNDRY dump.…

• Like 4
  • Haha 16