Venice Hotel Recommendations

Cruisefamfun1

I'm looking for Venice Hotel Recommendations. There are 4 separate families traveling together. Any recommendations for economical, clean Venice Hotels? We will be taking a shuttle to Ravenna where the cruise departs, meeting at Isola Nova Del Tronchetto. Should we be looking for hotels near the Isola Nova Del Tronchetto? Any advice would be most appreciated.

You might want to look at TripAdvisor and put in your dates to get an idea of prices.  You can also then look at a map and see what is close to that area.  Just remember there are a lot of bridges with steps you may need to cross.

I would look for a hotel near Piazzale Roma, which is the transportation hub for Venice.  That will make it easy to get to the hotel from the airport via wheeled transport (taxi or bus).  Plus there is a People Mover station there that you can use to ride over to the Tronchetto People Mover station, which is where your transfer to the ship we leave from.  All of Venice is walkable.  You will need to walk to/from your hotel to see some of the major sites.  Or you can lean how to use the Vaporetto water bus lines to get where you want to go when sightseeing.  I did a combination of both when I hoteled near P. Roma. 

Carlton on the Grand Canal 

Train station two minutes out of station over the bridge in front of you turn right Hotel 100 metres on the left

Piazzale Roma out of hotel turn left three minutes over two bridges

Tronchetto People Mover as above

Vaporetto two minutes out of hotel turn right over the bridge 

On 1/10/2024 at 5:03 PM, MeHeartCruising said:

I would look for a hotel near Piazzale Roma, which is the transportation hub for Venice.  That will make it easy to get to the hotel from the airport via wheeled transport (taxi or bus).  Plus there is a People Mover station there that you can use to ride over to the Tronchetto People Mover station, which is where your transfer to the ship we leave from.  All of Venice is walkable.  You will need to walk to/from your hotel to see some of the major sites.  Or you can lean how to use the Vaporetto water bus lines to get where you want to go when sightseeing.  I did a combination of both when I hoteled near P. Roma. 

Thank you for the suggestion. I was thinking that staying near the Piazzale Roma would be convenient. Thank you for your response!

On 1/10/2024 at 6:55 PM, Norwich Cruiser said:

Carlton on the Grand Canal 

Train station two minutes out of station over the bridge in front of you turn right Hotel 100 metres on the left

Piazzale Roma out of hotel turn left three minutes over two bridges

Tronchetto People Mover as above

Vaporetto two minutes out of hotel turn right over the bridge 

I did see this hotel, but I was hoping for something more economical. This hotel is $400 a night in the summer months and is a 4 star hotel. I was hoping for a little less expensive, clean, and near the Piazzale Roma. I figure we will be spending such little time in our room, as long as it's clean, has A/C, WIFI, and a good location that would fit the bill.

On 1/10/2024 at 2:47 PM, Cruisefamfun1 said:

I'm looking for Venice Hotel Recommendations. There are 4 separate families traveling together. Any recommendations for economical, clean Venice Hotels? We will be taking a shuttle to Ravenna where the cruise departs, meeting at Isola Nova Del Tronchetto. Should we be looking for hotels near the Isola Nova Del Tronchetto? Any advice would be most appreciated.

If you can easily manage your luggage over a small bridge or 2, this listing will be useful:

'How Many Bridges?' hotel listings for Piazzale Roma | Venice for Visitors (europeforvisitors.com)

Are you flying into VCE? or arriving by train, bus?

And how many nights are you staying?  Another option is to stay outside of Venice, ie Mestre which is on the mainland just across the causeway from Venice.  About a 15-20 minute commute. The downside is that if you need a break and go back to your hotel, you're probably done for the day; you won't return to finish sightseeing.   There is a bus stop in front of this hotel; about 15 minutes, 2E.

Venice Hotels - Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre - Mestre Hotel

Or stay across from the Mestre train station where it's an easy 12-15 minute ride by train or bus to Piazzale Roma. With these hotels you have easier access since there is a bus or train leaving every 10 minutes. Hotels near Venezia Mestre Railroad Station | Venice for Visitors (europeforvisitors.com)

To reach the cruiseline shuttle from Mestre, a taxi to Tronchetto would be around 40E, 15 minutes.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Cruisefamfun1 said:

I figure we will be spending such little time in our room, as long as it's clean, has A/C, WIFI, and a good location that would fit the bill.

or you could consider staying in one near Marco Polo Airport.  I cannot remember the name , perhaps others can? but it has been mentioned a few times and has a bus stop outside to get you to and from P. Roma in quite a short time..

You may need to be prepared to tweak your current wish list a little for a couple of reasons.

Be aware that hotel prices in most European cities have rocketed (just like air fares) since pre-Covid days.

And a/c can be patchy in Europe due to high energy costs, and hotels quite often regulate when it will start and stop and the temp.

Edited by edinburgher

I have stayed at Hotel Olimpia which is very close to Piazzale Roma with only one bridge to cross and two bridges from the train station. It has a lovely small garden where you can have breakfast or escape the hustle and bustle of Venice.

Edited by PurpleTraveller

20 hours ago, kohanfam said:

We’ve booked hotel Rialto at the Rialto bridge.  It was reasonable. 

I stayed there.  It's nice enough but my room was VERY hot.  I wound up leaving for the JW Marriott due to the heat and it was too peopley around the hotel.  That said, great location, very close to Vaporetto and I took a private water taxi and had MAYBE 20 paces to get to the door.  Friendly staff and the breakfast was decent.  The hotel did try to find me a cooler room (also my first one had an odd smell that they tried to get rid of.)

Had I booked a bigger room, I probably would have been happier.  Ask them for restaurant suggestions.  They sent me on a short, maybe 5-10 minute walk (I move slow) around the corner and it was fabulous.  

Link to my review

Restaurant they suggested Trattoria al Gazzettino

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 1:25 PM, kohanfam said:

We’ve booked hotel Rialto at the Rialto bridge.  It was reasonable. 

We're looking at this hotel for one night in October. Did you like it? was it in a good location? we will be coming in from the train station

1 hour ago, Schelliebach said:

We're looking at this hotel for one night in October. Did you like it? was it in a good location? we will be coming in from the train station

Haven’t stayed yet. Have read good things. Had a person say they liked it.  Location seems great

2 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

When are you going?  We’re booked for July. 

We go in October. 2 nights Milan, 2 night Como, 3 nights Venice, 3nighrs Florence, 4 nights Rome.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cayman09 said:

Where do you plan to stay in Rome?

People love Albergo del Senato

Here is my research.  Price is 3 nights.  Number is rating.

Found it is best to book direct with hotel.

Preferred location is Pantheon and Piazza Navona
#1 Albergo del Senato (on piazza at Pantheon) 9.3. $984 $1201, $1128, Pantheon patio requires 4 nights and is $445/night
BOOKED-$870e+36e, double room with breakfast. $970
Hotel Smeraldo 8.9 (between Colosseum and Vatican),affordable $813. 0.4mi from Pantheon , May have street noise
Hotel Ponte SISTO 8.4 $1048
Hotel Navona 8.4 $1077
Albergo Santa Chiara (near Pantheon) 8.7 $1305, $1030
Lancelot (near Colosseum) 8.8 $664
Navona 49 9.0 $1323
Hotel Damaso (near Pantheon) 9.3 $1200
Hotel Artemide 9.3 $1215
Hotel Colosseum 8.4 $819
Hotel Locarno 9.2 $2244
Hotel Nerva Boutique (near Forum) 9.3 $1514
Hotel Hiberia Roma (with view) 8.7 $850  
Hotel Pantheon
Marriott Pantheon Iconic 286,000 points
Hotel Abruzzi $1185 annex, $1581 (pantheon view)
The one Boutique Hotel and Spa 8.9 $1591
Boutique Hotel Trevi 7.4 $1056
Hotel Trevi 8.2 $842e with view on their website, good location $892
  • Like 1