Christmas Cruise? What is your opinion?

We are considering a Dec. 24th depature on the Conquest out of Galveston this year.

We have 2 kids ages 11 and 13. We have gone on a Disney Cruise and it was full, so we are used to crowds. However, wanted advice or opinions on what to expect from Carnival.

We will be celebrating our 15 year anniversary during this cruise, too.

As of now we are looking at a balcony room 8A, thinking it might be nice

to see/feel the ocean breezes.

Any advice and opinions are much welcomed!!

have a great day!!

We did Christmas on the Spirit three years ago. Eastern Caribbean, a bit cool the first two and the last two days.

Expect huge crowds and lots of kids. Decor on the ship was elegant - green and gold swags. Golden ornaments on the trees. Very low key Santa did come to visit the kids in the auditorium. There was a special kids show. There was a special keepsake Christmas menu.

We brought our own small (12" christmas tree, lights and non breakable decorations. We hung our stockings over the mini bar and used window clings for the balcony. "Santa" brought small gifts for the family. (DD's were 18 and 22).

Our port was Barbados, except for a few shops in the dock area, everything was closed. One of the excursions we wanted to do was not available because of the holiday. Someone told us that Barbados was not totally dependent on the tourist dollar like some other Caribbean nations, so most places were not opened.

My impression was that Christmas celebrations were very low key; may be because my DDs were older.

We are considering a Dec. 24th depature on the Conquest out of Galveston this year.

We have 2 kids ages 11 and 13. We have gone on a Disney Cruise and it was full, so we are used to crowds. However, wanted advice or opinions on what to expect from Carnival.

We will be celebrating our 15 year anniversary during this cruise, too.

As of now we are looking at a balcony room 8A, thinking it might be nice

to see/feel the ocean breezes.

Any advice and opinions are much welcomed!!

have a great day!!

We are taking a cruise over Christmas this year on the Miracle. It really came down to when we could all get together at the same time. It is not the ideal time in my eyes because I normally go all out at Christmas time. ALthough, maybe it will be nice not to do that this year.

I am expecting tons of kids. Lots and lots of them. Good ones. Bad ones. Tall ones. Short ones. The thought of that does not bother me. I have a 6 year old so she will have more potential friends. And I am a teacher, so I have a HIGH tolerance of children.

I don't know what to expect at this point since this is my first cruise. However, if this cruise stinks then the only way to go from there is up!!;)

It is not the ideal time in my eyes because I normally go all out at Christmas time. ALthough, maybe it will be nice not to do that this year.

Am I the only one getting visions of "Christmas With The Kranks"? :p ;) :D

Am I the only one getting visions of "Christmas With The Kranks"? :p ;) :D

HA! I didn't even think about that. Although, if my Caribbean plans get changed I will be so mad I will turn into the Grinch and burn down Christmas trees!!! :mad:

The Father of 4 boys, I wouldn't mind the kids, but the general rush and hassles of the season would be a turn off to throw a cruise in there. But, I guess for many its one of the few times the kids are out of school. :confused:

The DOUBLING of the price would also be a monster turn off for me. :rolleyes:

We were thinking about Christmas this year. There are 22 family members. We took a vote all the kids want to go New Years. They dont want to miss Christmas at home. So its New years on the Legend this year.

Wife and I cruised the Victory Christmas of 05, it was just terrific. Normally, we would have went snow skiing during Christmas and have done so since the kids became of age in knowing who Santa was. Well, with the kids out of the house now, mom and dad decided that we were a little out of shape for snow skiing. Decided to take off on a cruise, and like I said it was terrific at that time of year. The ship was decorated for Christmas, the atmosphere was festive. Santa met us leaving dinner one night for a photo op, the next night, Miss Santa was there for a better photo op.

The shows were of the Christmas theme, everyone was in the Christmas mood. All of the ports visited celebrate the holiday, so it was as if we were at home. The only thing missed was seeing the kids and grandkids open their presents on Christmas. But, we gave them all their presents before we left and they liked the idea of opening them early. Yes, they are adult children, with children, but still kids lol.

Any way, this does have to come to an end, but just to let you know how much we liked the Christmas sailing, we are planning an eastern carib trip this year. Hope the kids don't mind opening their presents in July.

Later to all, and happy sailing!!

• 5 weeks later...

We were on the Spirit and loved it. The one of the benefits is you miss all the crowds in your hometown. We were able to get all our gifts delivered and/or in the mail before we left.

The ship was decorated in the public areas. A few cabin doors were decorated. The ports were also decorated for the holidays.

I'd definitely go for it and book.

Archived