Dress for masquerade nights

Picklesmini

This will be our first cruise so I am looking for suggestions.  One night is black and white and one is masquerade.  The black and white night should be easy to dress for but suggestions for the masquerade would be welcome.  Is a dinner suit for husband the best attire for these nights.  Many thanks.

Masquerade night doesn't really need anything. But we wore what we'd wear any other gala night and donned two euros worth of masks for about ten minutes for photos.

Had it been a real masquerade night rather than Roaring 20s we might have worn them longer. 🙂

We plan to wear same again next time although the gown has been reduced from size 18 to fit better, and shortened so we don't trip while dancing.

2022-06-03 Masquerade_RO065 5x7.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

And, if you find clothes as boring as I do, you could daringly wear the black and white night dress again!!!

Could you please tell my wife that a dress can be worn more than once to help reduce the amount of cases that I have to lug around😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, david63 said:

Could you please tell my wife that a dress can be worn more than once to help reduce the amount of cases that I have to lug around😇

No I don’t think they can. Sorry I am on her team. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, david63 said:

Depends on how long the cruise is. I 'recycle' evening wear, even on a two weeker if I feel one outfit warrants a second appearance especially as I have favourites which don't get worn shoreside..

• Like 4

6 hours ago, maggielou362 said:

All women know that evening dresses are single-use only items. 

You need two of these, @david63, one each. You will also need a valet (the human type) and a lady's maid.

image.png

I am concerned by how small that trunk is and the lack of clear matching leather embellishments. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Austcruiser84 said:

I am concerned by how small that trunk is and the lack of clear matching leather embellishments. 

You are right, Austcruiser. It's WAY too small/short for all a lady's ensembles, and of course one requires the suite of matching "Toilette" trunk, hat boxes and shoe cases. I think @Victoria2 is onto something, perhaps I CAN wear my evening outfits twice.

7 hours ago, maggielou362 said:

All women know that evening dresses are single-use only items. 

You need two of these, @david63, one each. You will also need a valet (the human type) and a lady's maid.

image.png

Sorry, you are wrong. I’m female and I know no such thing. Why trail around with more garments then necessary? Clothes are deeply boring, but absolutely necessary.

40 minutes ago, maggielou362 said:

You are right, Austcruiser. It's WAY too small/short for all a lady's ensembles, and of course one requires the suite of matching "Toilette" trunk, hat boxes and shoe cases. I think @Victoria2 is onto something, perhaps I CAN wear my evening outfits twice.

I can only ever be guided by the lady who had booked a QM2 Q1 and the adjacent suite to store her dresses. She had 2 options (+ shoes) for every night of a world cruise. Rumour had it she had trunks wheeled aboard. I aspire to travel like that someday! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Austcruiser84 said:

.. I aspire to travel like that someday! 

One can dream. Fancy having your lady's maid divest your multiple steamer trunks of all the finery in your penthouse suite(s)! @exlondoner, I'll wager that your "boring" necessary clothes are the epitome of simple elegance, and that you look nonchalantly sophisticated while sipping your first rose at lunch on embarkation day. I admire your less is more approach but alas, I am an overgrown senior fairy princess who loves to dress up (NOT "fancy" dress, classy dress). I need the trunks!

Edited by maggielou362
add
  • Like 2

Just now, maggielou362 said:

One can dream. Fancy having your lady's maid divest your multiple steamer trunks of all the finery! @exlondoner, I'll wager that your "boring" necessary clothes are the epitome of simple elegance, and that you look nonchalantly sophisticated while sipping your first rose at lunch on embarkation day. I admire your less is more approach but alas, I am an overgrown senior fairy princess who loves to dress up (NOT "fancy" dress, classy dress). I need the trunks!

Well, I would never wear trousers or trainers, but that is just me, nothing to do with Cunard, and in the day I usually wear dresses, not to look elegant, but because it spares me the tiresomeness of finding tops and bottoms that match. I also still wear the long black dress I bought for my first Cunard crossing in 1997. Luckily (very luckily) it is a loose fitting style, otherwise it wouldn’t be possible.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, maggielou362 said:

One can dream. Fancy having your lady's maid divest your multiple steamer trunks of all the finery in your penthouse suite(s)! @exlondoner, I'll wager that your "boring" necessary clothes are the epitome of simple elegance, and that you look nonchalantly sophisticated while sipping your first rose at lunch on embarkation day. I admire your less is more approach but alas, I am an overgrown senior fairy princess who loves to dress up (NOT "fancy" dress, classy dress). I need the trunks!

Only one maid? 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, david63 said:

We'd be happy to recycle stuff but like to use as much of her wardrobe as possible over the two weeks. Even so our luggage is easily manageable.

We need to fly to and from Heathrow and are allowed 23kg each checked luggage and 2 x 23kg each cabin bags. Not sure what we could put in the cabin bags to get near 23kg! In total last time it all weighed 56kg. That's everything that's in the photo.

Room2-0.thumb.jpg.71ab9ef118dc8d63b713e9033e46fe32.jpg

Next time we'll replace the blue case with a slightly larger one. And my wife has got a slightly bigger version of the handbag backpack. It'll make the space a bit more flexible. I've got lots more camera gear but that will all go in the small black carry on.

Since we split everything between the cases and backpacks and carry on everything other than the cases we wouldn't have a problem if the cases didn't turn up.

And if we did put our minds to recycling dresses and separates and make more use of the cleaning service we'd easily manage two weeks with just the backpacks.

3 hours ago, Austcruiser84 said:

I can only ever be guided by the lady who had booked a QM2 Q1 and the adjacent suite to store her dresses. She had 2 options (+ shoes) for every night of a world cruise. Rumour had it she had trunks wheeled aboard. I aspire to travel like that someday! 

I have also been told of couples on world cruises who book the cheapest inside as extra space  to use as a dressing/ storage room. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

I have also been told of couples on world cruises who book the cheapest inside as extra space  to use as a dressing/ storage room. 

Smart thinking! I hear Cunard will remove the bed etc and install hanging space. That’s what the lady did with the adjacent suite. 

25 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

My parents knew a couple who booked  QG suites and an opposite inside...he snored!

• Haha 1