Norway excursions

MomC

I am sailing the Norwegian itinerary in July.  It looks wonderful!  I have already visited Oslo, Kristiansand, and Bergen, but I don’t know what to book for Leknes—( the Lofoten Islands); Hardstal, Alta, Honningevag—the North Cape,and Tromso.  If anyone has visited these places and can shed some light on what are must-sees, I would really appreciate it.  Excursions are EXPENSIVE so I want to make sure I see the best things.  Thank you so much!

Mom C

14 minutes ago, MomC said:

for Leknes—( the Lofoten Islands); Hardstal, Alta, Honningevag—the North Cape,and Tromso

These are my humble opinions:

Leknes- Lofotr Viking Museum DIY by taxi

Alta- The museum and Cathedral of the Northern Lights are both downtown..if you can get downtown.  Hopefully an inexpensive shuttle is available.

The North Cape:  you can actually take a local bus to Nordkapp or arrange a tour from local vendor for less than O's excursion

Tromso- city bus to base of gondola and Arctic Cathedral.  Town is compact and walkable after gondola and Cathedral

YMMV,

Greg

The excursions I found really interesting in also was to the hydroelectric facility supposed to be one of the biggest in Norway. Haven't actually done it just thought I'd call your attention to it.

Thank you!  I am tempted to hire a car and guide in these places and see it independently.  There are three of us.

Blue Puffin seems to be recommended often, but from their website, I can’t see if they are open in the summer.  I need to contact them

we are sailing from Oslo to Bergen, no train.