Cabin upgrade bidding

2 minutes ago, kapeaccruiser said:

Has anybody been upgraded for March cruises?

Upgrades typically start the Monday before the cruise. But with so many cruises selling out or being at capacity, I think those upgrades are few and far between these days. 

18 minutes ago, kapeaccruiser said:

You're better off just booking the cabin you want on the cruise  you want.  Don't wait till the last minute.  Book about a year ahead and watch for price breaks.  That guarantees you the cabin you want.  Most cruises are going up in price as the sailing date approaches so you've guaranteed the lowest possible price.  Even after final payment, you can get a Future Cruise Credit in the amount of the price drop.

37 minutes ago, kapeaccruiser said:

Unless they have sold out of a specific category and want to open it back up, it's highly unlikely to get upgraded more than a few weeks prior to the cruise.

32 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I've been tracking this one:

image.thumb.png.3a591c80feb00e2832bfd6ce26ecc619.png

Do you think a guy who wisely booked inside will be able to jump up to that balcony for couch change?

Would that be Elon Musk's couch?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

Would that be Elon Musk's couch?

Figure of speech. 🤣

That said, I once upgraded from inside to ocean view for a buck fifty eight.  That is @ChiefMateJRK couch change.  That one in the graph?  We still have months to go baby! 😎

disclaimer: I haven't owned an actual couch since 2019.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruiser2015 said:

BTW, I received an email from NCL that my bid was unsuccessful - a couple of hours after we boarded last Friday.

Standard. On our last cruise, while in the waiting area, we received an email saying our bid was still under consideration. Never heard another word.

So, I’m cruising in February. I can’t tell you how many emails I’ve gotten from NCL practically BEGGING us to bid on an upgraded cabin. It’s probably at least four, and likely six emails since I booked (and I think I booked this upcoming cruise in November). I just thought it seemed a bit much, but if they’ve oversold our category maybe they need some of us to upgrade. Gosh, those days of being upgraded for pennies or free were good times.... 😄

After saying “no way” several times (we already have a club balcony), my sister and I decided to try bidding - figuring we were already happy with our cabin, but if we were upgraded - it’s bonus room that we weren’t expecting. Who knows? 

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, KPC2001 said:

If you bid on an OV or balcony from an inside would they put you in an obstructed OV/balcony stateroom?

They will put you in whence ever room is available.  Which quite possibly would be a less wanted room like one with an obstructed view.  

22 hours ago, KPC2001 said:

If you bid on an OV or balcony from an inside would they put you in an obstructed OV/balcony stateroom?

Depending on ship, there are no obstructed view rooms (new ships). 

Also,,, don’t be like prior posters who rant that they had a great inside room on Deck 14 and got assigned an OV room on Deck 5 (which is where OV rooms are).