Taxis in Belfast

We will be in Belfast at the beginning of July. A group of 7 of us are going together. I was wondering if Taxis are readily accessible in the city center for a group as big? We would like to see Giants Causeway at our leisure while we are in port and not part of a tour.  Are they easily hailed or do you have to reserve in advance? 

I was there last fall but don't recall the taxi situation.  Giants causeway is over an hour from the port.  I booked a small group excursion through Odyssey Coach Tours and would highly recommend it.  

On 1/14/2024 at 11:47 PM, Uniqeni said:

We will be in Belfast at the beginning of July. A group of 7 of us are going together. I was wondering if Taxis are readily accessible in the city center for a group as big? We would like to see Giants Causeway at our leisure while we are in port and not part of a tour.  Are they easily hailed or do you have to reserve in advance? 

Hi,

One of the local taxi companies is "ValueCabs" they have an app you can download.   I use them in work all the time, so can recommend.   The have a website valuecabs.co.uk  They do tours to the Giants Causeway you can see this on the website.  The phone number is 02890809080

Hope this helps 

Debbie

• Thanks 1

When we arrived in the Port of Belfast last summer, I do not recall seeing cabs waiting at the port at all.  We had a balcony overlooking the port so I sat out there and watched the activity below.    There were shuttle buses that would take passengers into the city (which is not near to the port) and I believe the cost was $10.00 bucks each way.  Walking would be a hindrance as the distance to the city is a good 35 to 45 minutes.  It is very industrial. We purchased an excursion from from the ship to the Giant's Causeway and it was great not having to worry about our return.  The bus was late returning as well because of very heavy traffic.  Giant's Causeway is a good 1.5 hours travel from the port.   We did not go into the city at all.  The bus did pass through downtown but it did not stop.  The Giant's Causeway was a bucket list item for us and we are so happy to have experienced it and the weather was super lovely.    

• 3 weeks later...

When we docked in Belfast, there were a line of taxis at the cruise ship dock right next to the excursion buses.   We had no issues taking the taxi to the Titanic Museum and then after the museum we walked downtown.   Then taxi back to ship.    In your case, however, you are looking for a taxi to take you on a longer excursion, that may require pre booking with a taxi company.

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2024 at 3:58 PM, CCJack said:

When we docked in Belfast, there were a line of taxis at the cruise ship dock right next to the excursion buses.   We had no issues taking the taxi to the Titanic Museum and then after the museum we walked downtown.   Then taxi back to ship.    In your case, however, you are looking for a taxi to take you on a longer excursion, that may require pre booking with a taxi company.

What's a good place downtown to get a taxi back to the ship? 

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I believe we just hailed a taxi from a streetside downtown.  I don't recall it being difficult to find one.... You could also ask the taxi driver on way to the museum where downtown is a taxi stand.   

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

lots of taxi stands in city centre or head down Chichester Street (rear of Victoria Square shopping centre)  to the Value Cabs office.

https://belfastone.co.uk/getting-here/#:~:text=Public taxi ranks are located,Glengall Street%2C Great Victoria Street.&text=About

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...