Voyager - embroidery kits

We are sailing on Voyager in a few days time. Last time we sailed on her, in 2018, there were complimentary cross stitch kits available on board, which DW enjoyed working on with the “S & B” crowd. Does anyone know whether this facility has survived the intervening ‘difficult’ years?

Just a correction so you are not disappointed - the kits provided are for needlepoint and not cross stitch. It will be announced in Passages when and where to meet up to collect your kit and work together on your projects.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NYC-London said:

Just a correction so you are not disappointed - the kits provided are for needlepoint and not cross stitch. It will be announced in Passages when and where to meet up to collect your kit and work together on your projects.

Thank you for that info.. My wife will be pleased.

The distinction between cross stitch and needlepoint for me, start and end with a sharp thing and coloured thread! A bit like knitting and crochet are organised tangling!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

We were on an Oceania cruise last year, and they offered Stitch-n-Zip kits for eyeglass cases, etc. This may be what you are referring to and, yes, they are needlepoint. They are nice little kits in lots of different designs, with everything you need: canvas, needle and thread. But beware! No scissors! Come prepared!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Frncie said:

We were on an Oceania cruise last year, and they offered Stitch-n-Zip kits for eyeglass cases, etc. This may be what you are referring to and, yes, they are needlepoint. They are nice little kits in lots of different designs, with everything you need: canvas, needle and thread. But beware! No scissors! Come prepared!

DW has already dug out her stitch ripper for that, thanks (less 'controversial' than scissors).

21 hours ago, piscean said:

I’ve a wonderful collection, made up and lined from both Oceania and Regent.

heres one of my latest….IMG_3596.thumb.jpeg.1ef705a474124ef63c9c5cc4de8122ec.jpeg

IMG_3597.jpeg

This is awfully cute!  I wish they had some items with Regent’s name on them, like this one I did many years ago from another cruise line. Regardless, I’ll definitely pick one of these up on our cruise next month.  image.thumb.jpeg.3a98b09ba41350ab1ee260a096dbbf33.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

20240117_202428.thumb.jpg.f6ab6dd4711f3f33a79f0642139e0617.jpgCosmetic case/purse size and passport size.  The blue color of lettering in the smaller one is not included.  I used thread from a different kit.

Omg, I love it!  You have no idea how happy it makes me to see this . . . I’ll be happily stitching away on these while sipping martinis next month!  

• Like 1

Depending on the ship and the sailing, there may be a variety of needlepoint kits made specifically for Regent, some made for specific ships. I have made items which were made for Navigator and Explorer and one which was just the Regent “R” on a green background

• Like 1

Needlepoint is one of my "guilty pleasures" and nothing makes me happier than to sit in the observation lounge, have great conversation with new friends, enjoy a nice beverage and work on a needlepoint project - I am very easy to please!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NYC-London said:

Needlepoint is one of my "guilty pleasures" and nothing makes me happier than to sit in the observation lounge, have great conversation with new friends, enjoy a nice beverage and work on a needlepoint project - I am very easy to please!

I always take a project with me on cruises and, like you, have found it to be a great conversation starter.  Most of my projects are small hand quilting projects  (and I’ll bring one with me on our Grandeur cruise next month), but I look forward to doing some needlepoint.  I used to do a lot of needlepoint before I got addicted to quilting and I miss it.  

So if you see a woman in the lounge, drinking a latte or a martini and doing hand quilting, yup, it’s probably me!