Premium Drink Package and Internet Upgrades - Better Pricing Today (MLK Day/Jan. 15)

tcjjr

When I checked a few minutes ago today (Monday, Jan. 15, 5:30pm ET) for my upcoming cruises in late February, the Classic-to-Premium drink package upgrade cost for each voyage had dropped from $13.99/day before to $9.99/day now, and the Premium internet upgrade for 1 device was on sale for less than before too (now $4.99/day). I booked both. There's no indication as to whether this is a one-day sale or a longer one.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, tcjjr said:

When I checked a few minutes ago today (Monday, Jan. 15, 5:30pm ET) for my upcoming cruises in late February, the Classic-to-Premium drink package upgrade cost for each voyage had dropped from $13.99/day before to $9.99/day now, and the Premium internet upgrade for 1 device was on sale for less than before too (now $4.99/day). I booked both. There's no indication as to whether this is a one-day sale or a longer one.

I don't know either but I went ahead and upgraded my drink package.  Didn't want to take a chance on that.  I also heard that they have recently raised the prices of the drinks so a lot of the things you used to be able to get on the premium package you now have to pay a couple dollars extra per drink because they are no longer at the $15 mark or less.  If anyone can confirm that it would be great to know in advance!

2 minutes ago, camella said:

I don't know either but I went ahead and upgraded my drink package.  Didn't want to take a chance on that.  I also heard that they have recently raised the prices of the drinks so a lot of the things you used to be able to get on the premium package you now have to pay a couple dollars extra per drink because they are no longer at the $15 mark or less.  If anyone can confirm that it would be great to know in advance!

The premium package limit is $17.  They recently moved some of the more popular wines to $19, and raised the price other wines that were above the package limit.  I think there were some other changes to the liquor but haven’t read much about that other than Tito’s was moved from the Classic to Premium package.  
There have been a few flash sales in the past 6 months or so where the upgrade from Classic to premium was $6.99.

if that happens again you can always cancel your upgrade and rebook at the lower price.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The premium package limit is $17.  They recently moved some of the more popular wines to $19, and raised the price other wines that were above the package limit.  I think there were some other changes to the liquor but haven’t read much about that other than Tito’s was moved from the Classic to Premium package.  
There have been a few flash sales in the past 6 months or so where the upgrade from Classic to premium was $6.99.

if that happens again you can always cancel your upgrade and rebook at the lower price.

Yikes - I hope it's not our favorites!  We are kind of wine brats and we like what we like which is why we always upgrade to premium.  I know everyone is having a fit but it only makes sense that they would raise the prices based on our current economy🙄.  Hopefully it won't be too bad!  And thanks I will keep an eye out for those flash sales!

Edited by camella

14 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Do you by chance have the wine list with the new prices?  Thanks in advance

5 hours ago, camella said:

Do you by chance have the wine list with the new prices?  Thanks in advance

Go to the app and select the Ascent current sailing and you can see the most recent changes.  Look at main dining for the most complete list ( very long) .  But it has Premium by the glass list. 

18 hours ago, jelayne said:

Go to the app and select the Ascent current sailing and you can see the most recent changes.  Look at main dining for the most complete list ( very long) .  But it has Premium by the glass list. 

Sorry to be a pain but when I go on the app the only thing that comes up is my future cruise in May. I'm not the best with computers.  What am I missing?  Thanks in advance!