Ushuaia tendering (last tender?)

GatorMomInNC

This may be too specific of a question for anyone to answer but...

We are in Ushuaia from 10am to 7pm -tendering.  Celebrity Eclipse. 

We have plans for the morning, but are trying to decide between a ship or private excursion.  Basically the same but for cost.  Both are supposed to end at 6pm.  

If we do ship excursion - do we have to tender  from port back to the ship to catch the excursion?  This seems silly...but I guess I have never done a later/tender port/ship excursion, because I can only recall queuing up on the ship...

If we do private, what time would the last tender leave (roughly).  Usually all aboard is SOONER than the depart time and last tender is sooner than that, so a little concerned about the timing there.  

Any help is appreciated. 

Edited by GatorMomInNC
typo

The whole tender situation was a disaster the day we were in Ushuaia. There were SO many ships there (last stop before Antarctica) and we had to share one tender spot at the pier. Then there was a medical emergency from another ship so all the tendering has to stop. Some people on our ship were left floating on the tender for an hour.and missed their excursions. I am usually a big proponent of private tours, but maybe not at this port. Hopefully someone else will chime in and say that was a fluke and it's usually fine, but I've been on 11 cruises and that was the worst tender experience of them all.

Edited by TwoSue
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, GatorMomInNC said:

This may be too specific of a question for anyone to answer but...

We are in Ushuaia from 10am to 7pm -tendering.  Celebrity Eclipse. 

We have plans for the morning, but are trying to decide between a ship or private excursion.  Basically the same but for cost.  Both are supposed to end at 6pm.  

If we do ship excursion - do we have to tender  from port back to the ship to catch the excursion?  This seems silly...but I guess I have never done a later/tender port/ship excursion, because I can only recall queuing up on the ship...

If we do private, what time would the last tender leave (roughly).  Usually all aboard is SOONER than the depart time and last tender is sooner than that, so a little concerned about the timing there.  

Any help is appreciated. 

I think you should ask this question in the general Celebrity forum, since the answer will likely depend on the cruise line.  There will be lots more Celebrity cruisers there than here, and although you are thinking of doing this in Ushuaia, it really applies to any tender port with Celebrity.

• Like 1