Flight time in Athens after cruise

mrobinson

We will be returning to Athens from a Celebrity cruise in mid Sept. We will then be flying from Athens to Paris.

Our ship schedules says docking at 5 am but I realize they don’t let people off ship that early. We will be self disembarking with our suitcase.

I am trying to figure out if we should book 10:50 am flight ( we are checking a bag) or play it very safe and book 1:50 pm flight.  Those are our only flight time choices. We are willing to take a taxi to the airport , which I understand can take an hour.

i worry that the 10:50 might be cutting it too close depending on how soon we can get off ship. But it would get us to Paris a lot earlier.

Appreciate any advice. Thank you.

13 minutes ago, mrobinson said:

We will be returning to Athens from a Celebrity cruise in mid Sept. We will then be flying from Athens to Paris.

Our ship schedules says docking at 5 am but I realize they don’t let people off ship that early. We will be self disembarking with our suitcase.

I am trying to figure out if we should book 10:50 am flight ( we are checking a bag) or play it very safe and book 1:50 pm flight.  Those are our only flight time choices. We are willing to take a taxi to the airport , which I understand can take an hour.

i worry that the 10:50 might be cutting it too close depending on how soon we can get off ship. But it would get us to Paris a lot earlier.

You can make the 10:50. Get off the ship by 7:30.  The check in for European flights is a lot shorter that for US flights. 

12 hours ago, mrobinson said:

Not me, I would do the later time. Recently our cruise was delayed because of weather and we did not disembark on time. The later time gives you breathing room. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2024 at 7:43 PM, pinkhatlady said:

Not me, I would do the later time. Recently our cruise was delayed because of weather and we did not disembark on time. The later time gives you breathing room. 

That is probably what we will do, I don’t want to worry about missing a flight

• Like 1