Info needed on deposit

cbfb

We have sailed once on MSC and considering another. Last time we booked right before the cruise so we paid in full. When I go to book I don’t see any information on how much the deposit is and if it’s refundable. Does this vary or is it set for all cruises. We are looking at a 7 night cruise if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance! 

Our 6 and 7 night cruises have all required a $398 deposit for two people.  We have always wanted non-refundable, so I cannot speak to refundable deposits. 

This is in the USA. I’m not sure if other countries are the same. 

2 minutes ago, Cooper30 said:

Our 6 and 7 night cruises have all required a $398 deposit for two people.  We have always wanted non-refundable, so I cannot speak to refundable deposits. 

This is in the USA. I’m not sure if other countries are the same. 

Thank you!!! We are also in the US. I should have added that! 

It's covered in the atteched US Terms & Conditions of the contract.   Section 1 covers deposits, but below quoted part of Section 13 mentions special fares where the deposit is always forfeited.

From time to time, the Company may offer a discounted fare with non-refundable deposit. This deposit does 
not follow the above cancellation policy and takes immediate effect upon transaction.

booking-terms-and-conditions-231208.pdf

• Thanks 1

The deposit of $398.00 is non-refundable.  Only if they cancel the cruise or change the itinerary, not to your liking, will you get it back. 

Edited by BarnCat1

1 hour ago, BarnCat1 said:

The deposit of $398.00 is non-refundable.  Only if they cancel the cruise or change the itinerary, not to your liking, will you get it back. 

That is simply not true. I have had my deposit fully refunded without issue as long as I was far enough out from the sail date. If you cancel before the date ranges listed below, the deposit is refundable in the US so long as it is not for a YC cabin:

image.png.726bc65264308ea9130154931557cf4b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

That is simply not true. I have had my deposit fully refunded without issue as long as I was far enough out from the sail date. If you cancel before the date ranges listed below, the deposit is refundable in the US so long as it is not for a YC cabin:

image.png.726bc65264308ea9130154931557cf4b.png

I guess it depends on who you get on the phone.  I tried to cancel a cruise well ahead of the sail date and they said I couldn't without losing the deposit.  

Then the cruise was cancelled by them, and I am getting the deposit back, though it's been over 30 days now, so I will be making a phone call soon.