Bus, Train, Car or Tube from Heathrow

Eno

Planes, trains and automobiles......

Flying from Canada to Heathrow and staying at the Park Plaza Westminster bridge.

Three adults each with a large suitcase and a carry on.

Trying to find the best way from Terminal 2 to our hotel while also trying to find a cheap way (low Canadian dollar value not helping).

Easiest would be a car service -  Hotel quoted 145 pounds, Blackberry Cars 114, Jewel's 80.

How are these and are there others that I should look at?

Also looked at Heathrow express but goes to Paddington and then need the tube from there to probably Waterloo station (Westminster says it has stairs).

National Express Bus - to Victoria station and then tube again.

Cheapest seems to be tube from Heathrow Piccadilly line to Green Park station and then Jubilee line to Waterloo or Westminster.

Also see there is an Elizabeth line from Heathrow but Hotel website lists Piccadilly line instructions.

At least for my cruise getting to Southampton seems straight forward using the train from Waterloo station.

A black cab from the rank outside the terminal will be about £80-90 and take about an hour.

Most popular way is now Elizabeth Line, but rather than navigate tube station interchanges which can involve long walks and escalators I'd get to Tottenham Court Road, exit the station, hail a black cab and they will take you to the hotel front door less than 2 miles away in 10 - 15 minutes. £15 or so.

Edited by Thejuggler
  • Like 1