GSC Wave Runner Excursion Weight Limit

Leaving on my first cruise the end of February with a large group of people. So excited!

Question regarding wave runner rental at GSC.  How strict are they regarding weight limits?  Do they weigh you before you can ride?

I don’t know, one of my kids fell I’ll and so I stayed back on the ship with her, but make sure everyone has their drivers license. My daughter was 20 at the time and didn’t bring her license because she had her passport. Fortunately she volunteered to verify everyone’s licenses and they didn’t realize she didn’t have it.

2 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I don’t know, one of my kids fell I’ll and so I stayed back on the ship with her, but make sure everyone has their drivers license. My daughter was 20 at the time and didn’t bring her license because she had her passport. Fortunately she volunteered to verify everyone’s licenses and they didn’t realize she didn’t have it.

Thank you for this! I am making a list of things I need to bring on each excursion and will add that.  

Need to Know:
Note: This tour is for single drivers only. Participants must be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license. Maximum 1 person (driver) per water craft. Alcohol consumption is not permitted prior to the tour departure. The Tour Operator reserves the right to require a breathalyzer test to any tour participant prior to the tour departure. The maximum weight cannot exceed 225 lbs. 

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Need to Know:
Note: This tour is for single drivers only. Participants must be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license. Maximum 1 person (driver) per water craft. Alcohol consumption is not permitted prior to the tour departure. The Tour Operator reserves the right to require a breathalyzer test to any tour participant prior to the tour departure. The maximum weight cannot exceed 225 lbs. 

Thank you for this.  Yes, I do see this on the excursion description...... My question is how to they enforce it?  Do they weigh each individual to ensure the weight does not exceed 225 lbs.?

i have done jet ski excursions in other ports like Bermuda and coco cay (royal island), no one checked drivers licenses and no one needed to go on the a scale for weight

from what i noticed over the years the tour descriptions says alot of things that never happens in reality 

1 minute ago, shof515 said:

i have done jet ski excursions in other ports like Bermuda and coco cay (royal island), no one checked drivers licenses and no one needed to go on the a scale for weight

from what i noticed over the years the tour descriptions says alot of things that never happens in reality 

Well, they definitely checked my family’s licenses on GSC.

41 minutes ago, Daffytoons said:

Thank you for this.  Yes, I do see this on the excursion description...... My question is how to they enforce it?  Do they weigh each individual to ensure the weight does not exceed 225 lbs.?

They don't always routinely weigh everyone but can and have done so if they feel there is a chance someone could be over the limit.

1 hour ago, Daffytoons said:

Don't force anyone into an awkward conversation. If you're too fat, don't sign up. I'm a fatty too, well over 225 and would never sign up, then "hope" they aren't really all that exact about it. Trust me - look at my belly and you'll know I'm more like 325 (ok, not quite), but they'd not allow me on a jet ski I'm sure. So....don't be that guy or gal.