Just venting - could Departments talk to each other better.

PaulC29

Handicapped wheelchair user - can't walk at all and filled out Princess disability form, booked accessible cabin. In the past two weeks have gotten THREE book your excursions now emails. Three worthless to send us emails. 

Out of all 4 port stops during the cruise NOT ONE wheelchair accessible excursion is offered and one port might not be able to get off the ship to do our own thing (Belize City). Only available wheelchair accessible excursion by Princess is Ft Lauderdale airport transfer waterway tour. Glad we can search for/book accessible excursions on our own. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, PaulC29 said:

In the past two weeks have gotten THREE book your excursions now emails. Three worthless to send us emails. 

they don't have time to pick out customers who booked an accessible cabin out of 2,000 emails per ship... These are marketing emails and are sent in batches per ship.  In addition, you may not be able to walk which I am very sorry about, but people traveling with you may be able to, so I am sure a cruise line would be happy to sell an excursion to them.

We are going to travel with my parents in June, and my dad can barely move. I am thinking about booking some excursions for us and my mom, but not for my dad, because he won't be able to walk a mile for a river tubing excursion.

We once ended up in a handicap accessible cabin without even asking for it.  I did have a boot on at that time, but the cruise line didn't know about it, and I was able to walk.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

Princess' IT department could use improvement.  We board the Regal on Sunday and the excursions show as 'closed' for bookings in the personlizer and have for a couple days.  However, earlier today I received an email inviting me to book excursions for my cruise.  So yeah, they could do a better job 🤨

• Like 1

Is the info that you completed on the Check In tab as shown in the screenshot below?

image.thumb.png.bea349a0ce58d5ab527570f01c84379d.png

If so I understand that they used to respond quickly to such requests (although I have no personal experience with this).  I have noticed though that the requests for Distilled Water for CPAP machines that are under the Dietary Request section are going unfulfilled.  Have been submitting these for two months now for an upcoming cruise and nothing.  I'm wondering if they cut the department that handled all of these requests recently?  My cruise isn't until April so I'm not going to push it yet but it's obvious something has gone wrong with processing of the "medical" type requests.

• Thanks 1

They definitely do not consider the recipients when the send out mass emails. I've received emails urging me to book my EZ Air flights.  Out of curiosity, I checked on the flights between my nearest airport and San Francisco.

The best flight came out to about $600 roundtrip and took over 5.5 hours each way.  The flights had connections in Los Angeles.

Oh, did mention that I live about 20 miles as the crow flies from the pier in San Francisco? 

I have spent weeks in trying to determine if it was better to fly from Oakland to San Francisco via Los Angeles for over $600 and a total over over 5.5 hours each way.  Or, should I take Lyft for about $50 and 1 hour each way from my home to the pier.

Stay tuned - I will be making a final decision shortly. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by damiross
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, PaulC29 said:

Handicapped wheelchair user - can't walk at all and filled out Princess disability form, booked accessible cabin. In the past two weeks have gotten THREE book your excursions now emails. Three worthless to send us emails. 

Out of all 4 port stops during the cruise NOT ONE wheelchair accessible excursion is offered and one port might not be able to get off the ship to do our own thing (Belize City). Only available wheelchair accessible excursion by Princess is Ft Lauderdale airport transfer waterway tour. Glad we can search for/book accessible excursions on our own. 

What if someone's travel companions has an interest in doing an excursion?

23 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Princess' IT department could use improvement.  We board the Regal on Sunday and the excursions show as 'closed' for bookings in the personlizer and have for a couple days.  However, earlier today I received an email inviting me to book excursions for my cruise.  So yeah, they could do a better job 🤨

Princess is constantly sending me emails to do things I can't do yet. Like book EZAir (won't be available for another month), book a spa treatment (won't be available until the summer), and to book excursions when I already have. 

The left hand knows not what the right hand is doing. 🤣

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, MacMadame said:

Princess is constantly sending me emails to do things I can't do yet. Like book EZAir (won't be available for another month), book a spa treatment (won't be available until the summer), and to book excursions when I already have. 

The left hand knows not what the right hand is doing. 🤣

I must say - I get no emails from Princess at all. At least not anything pertaining to my upcoming cruise (booked directly on princess website, so no TA). Once in a blue moon I get an email from my PVP (CVP?) with a reminder that Princess still cruises and to contact her for deals. 🙂

On the other hand, NCL bombards me with emails every 2 days, and we haven't sailed with them since 2018 and have no plans to do so... 😞

• Haha 1