Enchantment Starlink/Internet speeds 2024

earthdog

We are considering our first Princess Cruise in years this May. One of the things we have enjoyed on other brand cruise ships is the internet speeds. Starlink has made all the difference for me. I must be connected for work occasionally during the day. In the past this meant we couldn't cruise so I suffered at the beach. Starlink has been a game changer. I understand Enchantment has or is getting Starlink internet access. Does anyone know for sure and can they speak to the speed? And yes I did a search but have had no luck. Thanks in advance. 

The below speed test was from our recent 26 days on the Enchanted Princess, Nov/Dec.  They do have Starlink and the speeds shown below were consistent throughout our cruise, Med/TA.

To see more from our cruise, expand my signature to see a link to our "Live" thread of the cruise.

Screenshot_20240118_115205_Firefox.thumb.jpg.aeb32659a8199f7cbc66348d0bb64ac5.jpg

Curious about speed as well. If someone could do a speedtest from fast.com on their device while on board and share the screenshot, that'd be super. The reason I suggest is fast.com is because it's owned by Netflix and you'll probably get more realistic speed test results using that website compared to speedtest.net app. Why is this? Because Starlink, like other ISPs recognize traffic on speedtest.net apps and may opt to throttle that traffic, which negatively influences (and skews) the results of the speeedtest. If they did the same for fast.com, they would be slowing down other Netflix traffic and customers would surely complain.

3 hours ago, earthdog said:

I understand Enchantment has or is getting Starlink internet access

Her name is Enchanted Princess. Enchantment (of the Seas) is RCL.

3 hours ago, earthdog said:

Does anyone know for sure and can they speak to the speed?

It totally depends on where you are going to cruise. I guess it's the Caribbean, so speed should be fine. Still no guarantee though.