platinum status questions

12 hours ago, ColdCruise said:

Many many people report not having to pay the $10 or $12 (with tax) upcharge for the filet sans foie gras in Le Bistro. That can lead to false expectations.

the false expectation is that they are removing the up charge for the foie gras, when in fact they are removing the up charge for the filet. there is no up charge for foie gras. you can't add foie gras to any dish for a set fee... it's not a lobster tail at cagney's!

so, when people say they were successful in getting them to remove the up charge, they may think they made some sort of case, based on the fact that they have no interest in foie gras, that they don't eat foie gras and that it is inherently unfair to charge them for the foie gras. at the same time, the restaurant staff may be removing the up charge for the filet simply because they have that discretion and - logically - it's the same piece of meat served in some other venues (la cucina, cagney's). or they may be removing the up charge so as not to cause a customer confrontation.

so, yes, NCL may be inconsistent... but many here are insistent that there is an up charge for the foie gras and there is not. so many folks erroneously believe that they can request that the foie gras be removed and automagically get a discount. but that NCL dog don't hunt.

I am fresh off the Prima today and want to report that the CN staff was fabulous! The best I have encountered since Future Cruise Consultants changed to CN, driven by the sell of CNs.   Christy and Stuart did actually act as concierges to some degree, and they were happy to do so.  I met Stuart, a lovely British gentleman, on the Sea 20 or so years ago when he was a shopping consultant, and Christy is a 13 yr veteran with NCL from the Dallas area. If every CN team was as customer oriented as them, CN departments would be held in higher esteem.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, debbyfelse1963 said:

For Platinum is it 2 bags per cabin or person if both are lattitudes?

According to the benefit listing it's one bag per platinumperson. So two bags in acabin with two platinum guests. I have read here that people get a second free bag if needed, but I don't know anything about that. Maybe a YMMV situation.

5 minutes ago, Asawi said:

According to the benefit listing it's one bag per platinumperson. So two bags in acabin with two platinum guests. I have read here that people get a second free bag if needed, but I don't know anything about that. Maybe a YMMV situation.

Thanks

The concierge for platinum latitude members on NCL ships is a phantom that urban legend and folklore states exists.  Like a sasquatch in the woods, some have claimed to have seen or spoken to the elusive creature.

Like Santa Claus, NCL says they do exist.  But has anyone ever seen or met one?