Billing System Glitch / How To Correct?

I'm currently booked to sail on the Icon on Feb 24th, but have encountered a super strange problem with RC invoicing that threatens to derail my cruise.

Long story short, cruise paid in full about three months ago, but shortly after that I started receiving invoices saying I still owed about 300.  I called - they said it was a system error and they would correct.  Every month, the amount owed has doubled, now over $900.  I've called repeatedly and been assured it's a system error.

Well, when I called this week (next week final payments are all due) I was informed it's not a glitch, but I MUST pay the 900 or my fare will be cancelled.  I have all the back-up showing this is clearly a system error.  I've escalated this to someone in 'leadership' but they keep insisting the system is correct, even though they can't tell me what the additional 'charge' is for.  Beyond frustrated - does anyone know of any way to get in touch with corporate or escalate this beyond the 'customer service' department?  The compete lack of logic on their part (not to mention they conceded they have the records of my previous calls) is just... WOW.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JaycenA said:

I'm currently booked to sail on the Icon on Feb 24th, but have encountered a super strange problem with RC invoicing that threatens to derail my cruise.

Long story short, cruise paid in full about three months ago, but shortly after that I started receiving invoices saying I still owed about 300.  I called - they said it was a system error and they would correct.  Every month, the amount owed has doubled, now over $900.  I've called repeatedly and been assured it's a system error.

Well, when I called this week (next week final payments are all due) I was informed it's not a glitch, but I MUST pay the 900 or my fare will be cancelled.  I have all the back-up showing this is clearly a system error.  I've escalated this to someone in 'leadership' but they keep insisting the system is correct, even though they can't tell me what the additional 'charge' is for.  Beyond frustrated - does anyone know of any way to get in touch with corporate or escalate this beyond the 'customer service' department?  The compete lack of logic on their part (not to mention they conceded they have the records of my previous calls) is just... WOW.

Send am email with your information to the CEOs email.MBayley@rccl.com

Detail your information and encounters with call reference #s and ask for assistance.

What does your current invoice say the increased amount is for is my only question for you? If you have a document that shows you booked at x rate and paid that rate in full, you should be able to expect they can resolve this.

Straight to the top, eh?  Ha, thanks.

Without getting into everything - traced the issue to a cancelled spa booking.  It started adding the cost onto the bill, and then doubling it the first of every month since.  I pulled all the dates of my payments, CC back-ups and confirmation emails from RC (just to make sure I wasn't mistaken).  

For whatever reason, the cancelled spa cost has been subtracted from my initial deposit (!) weird, right?  But again, have the CC records & RC emails / confirmations showing we paid the original, full amount.  

I've definitely grown most frustrated with call center this week - they're clearly just reading what the system says, and not taking a look at what's happening.  This despite the fact they can access the confirmation payments and see it doesn't add up.

You have to keep calling until you find a customer service rep who has experienced this before and knows how to fix it.  This happened to me for an upcoming March sailing, and took like 5 calls before it got resolved. Had to escalate to the resolutions desk, and then had to hang up for about an hour while they resolved it.  Very frustrating, and RC should have fixed this known technical error a long time ago.  

I had paid in full, but cancelled a shore excursion, and the refund was applied to my initial deposit as well.  

2 hours ago, JaycenA said:

Straight to the top, eh?  Ha, thanks.

Without getting into everything - traced the issue to a cancelled spa booking.  It started adding the cost onto the bill, and then doubling it the first of every month since.  I pulled all the dates of my payments, CC back-ups and confirmation emails from RC (just to make sure I wasn't mistaken).  

For whatever reason, the cancelled spa cost has been subtracted from my initial deposit (!) weird, right?  But again, have the CC records & RC emails / confirmations showing we paid the original, full amount.  

I've definitely grown most frustrated with call center this week - they're clearly just reading what the system says, and not taking a look at what's happening.  This despite the fact they can access the confirmation payments and see it doesn't add up.

Email Micheal Bayley or reach out in twitter.  They are very experience Customer service agents that can get things resolved quickly.

5 hours ago, JaycenA said:

Well, when I called this week (next week final payments are all due)

Welcome to CC.

Final payment would have been 90 days out, not next week and if anything was really due, your booking would have been cancelled long ago. Keep calling or as suggested send that email.

8 hours ago, JaycenA said:

You are not the only one this has happened to - I'm on another forum and there are several people that have experienced this lately. There is a definitely glitch in their system between the planner and cruise fares!

RCI is definitely making the case lately for using a good TA.

11 hours ago, squattie said:

You have to keep calling until you find a customer service rep who has experienced this before and knows how to fix it.  This happened to me for an upcoming March sailing, and took like 5 calls before it got resolved. Had to escalate to the resolutions desk, and then had to hang up for about an hour while they resolved it.  Very frustrating, and RC should have fixed this known technical error a long time ago.  

I had paid in full, but cancelled a shore excursion, and the refund was applied to my initial deposit as well.  

Same exact thing happened to me. I called and waited 30 minutes and then on with a rep for 50 minutes. It was turned over to the resolution team. They called me back two days later and said they are aware of the glitch and put a note on my reservation saying it's paid in full. They said I would continue to get emails about a balance due and to just ignore them. I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt until check in day on the app which is February 7th. If I have problems then, I'll call again and I'll try to be nice but I know I will be hot. 

BTW, they were right about the email. I get on every other day with a balance due of 87.76. 😠

• Thanks 1

Sharing an update on this - I went ahead and sent an email to MBayley@rccl.com - nothing angry or finger pointing, just the facts and an ask for help with resolving.

Got a direct call from a rep with RC later that night.  Very friendly, and also willing to admit there is definitely a system error.

Still not 100% resolved, but this rep has now proactively followed up with me nearly every day to let me know that they are still aware of the issue, they're still working to correct it, and that my cruise will not be cancelled for non-payment.

This follow-up has been fantastic, but I do have to say - wouldn't it be simpler if they just trained the regular call center (including the resolution team) to just take a beat and research issue before shutting down customers?

• Thanks 1

I just got the dreaded e-mail this morning about a Grandeur April cruise that is paid in full.  It shows I owe $187.  I will track down to see if it has to do with cruise planner refunds.  I have called twice today.  The first time the agent said we were paid in full (which I already knew) and to ignore the email.  I said no, that this is a back to back and final payment is in a couple of days and I will be on a cruise next week and don't want my cruise cancelled.  She said that she corrected the problem and resent my invoice.  Of course, the new invoice says that I owe $187.  So, I called back and the rep said that I don't owe anything and that they sent the info to resolutions and I would hear back in a day or two.  Ha!  Now I'll have to work on this during our cruise.  The funny thing is that when I check the planner online, it says that I don't owe anything.  If I check the app, it says that I owe $187.  Arggg!!    

• Haha 1

On 1/19/2024 at 6:06 AM, JaycenA said:

We are also on this sailing (and the week before). We were paid in full by the due date, but decided we wanted to prepay gratuities so called in last Friday to do this. Pretty simple you’d think? Our reservations are now all “messed” up. We got a notice for one cabin that we owed a large amount, and the prices were all changed. When we called our TA, we found that RCL had submitted a refund to us (I have no idea why) for around $1200, but we were told it should have been $138, so my husband had to pay the difference. Thankfully that refund was posted to our credit card today.  Our Next Cruise OBC has gone missing on one of the reservations, and port fees & taxes (which went up because of Bahamas, and that we paid with final payment) reverted to the lesser original amount on one of the reservations. The latest invoice emailed to us (copy #36!) at least shows a balance of zero. I never want to prepay gratuities after final payment again!

1 hour ago, JaycenA said:

Still not 100% resolved, but this rep has now proactively followed up with me nearly every day to let me know that they are still aware of the issue, they're still working to correct it, and that my cruise will not be cancelled for non-payment.

Glad you are having good follow up on this issue. I think we’ll both be ready for that 1st sailaway drink on Icon!