Thing 1 & 2 Birthday Party?

Today I noticed this new Specialty Dining option called “Thing 1 & 2 Birthday Party” for our March 2024 Valor cruise. 

It is noted as new and sold out.

But there is still availability for Green Eggs and Ham. 
Will Birthday Party replace Green Eggs and Ham? The description is similar. I don’t think both would be offered. 

I called Carnival Fun Shops. The rep said Birthday was only offered on the Jubilee.

He had no explanation of why it is listed for the Valor. 
I guess we will see when we board.

• Like 1

According to this, this replaces the Green Eggs and Ham.

http://www.embarkandaway.com/general-cruise-blog/carnival-cruise-thing-1-and-thing-2-birthday-breakfast-menu-info-prices

On our Carnival Pride sailing in August Green Eggs and Ham is sold out and Thing 1 & 2 Birthday Breakfast  is not.  We already booked Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast.  I wonder what will happen to that reservation.

• Like 1

When I look in my planner the Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast has no dropdown option to pick a date and book. The Thing 1 & 2 breakfast shows availability every day except embarkation with 2 seatings each day. Do they really think that many people want to go to it? 

• Like 1

And also, the menu for the new breakfast is different from the Green Eggs and Ham. The french toast, pancake, and waffle options look positively horrible! I wouldn't eat them. Weird combinations of food that I would never put together. I'm a vegetarian so those are really my only options other than plain old eggs or omelet. And I'm not paying $15 for that when I can get it in the MDR for no extra cost.

Edited by Bollycats
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, sabres431 said:

According to this, this replaces the Green Eggs and Ham.

http://www.embarkandaway.com/general-cruise-blog/carnival-cruise-thing-1-and-thing-2-birthday-breakfast-menu-info-prices

On our Carnival Pride sailing in August Green Eggs and Ham is sold out and Thing 1 & 2 Birthday Breakfast  is not.  We already booked Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast.  I wonder what will happen to that reservation.

Do you think Carnival will convert Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast reservations to Thing 1&2 Breakfasts? We also already have Green Eggs and Ham reservations. 
Thank you for the information on the Thing 1&2 Breakfast.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Journey11 said:

Do you think Carnival will convert Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast reservations to Thing 1&2 Breakfasts? We also already have Green Eggs and Ham reservations. 
Thank you for the information on the Thing 1&2 Breakfast.

Yes. See John Heald's Facebook post, which has all the information, including menu and conversion dates 

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/xZsjKGFx3eT83Pzs/?mibextid=9z1EC3

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Our cruise on the Panorama shows both being done. We have been to the Green Eggs & Ham several times with the kids and it was sold out for our cruise. We really wanted to go again because we will have a "newbie" on their first cruise coming and was bummed. However, I just noticed the Thing 1 & Thing 2 Birthday Breakfast showed up and we were able to book! I'm excited now.