Minimum order at specialty restaurants?

JessC510

For a la carte priced specialty restaurants, is there a minimum amount that must be ordered? For example, could I go to Le Bistro and get just the escargot and a glass of wine?

No minimums.  No weird looks.  Order as little (or as much) as you’d like.  You can get an app and leave.  Won’t matter!   Your perk and/or money.  Your choice!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, graphicguy said:

No minimums.  No weird looks.  Order as little (or as much) as you’d like.  You can get an app and leave.  Won’t matter!   Your perk and/or money.  Your choice!

New to Norwegian…

If we go to one of the restaurants and only do an app and wine, isn’t that wasting one of our specialty dinners or am I misunderstanding how this works?

2 minutes ago, tcmagnum said:

New to Norwegian…

If we go to one of the restaurants and only do an app and wine, isn’t that wasting one of our specialty dinners or am I misunderstanding how this works?

yes. you will be waisting 1 of your dining.  You visited the restaurant ( as a perk), if all you want is escargot and wine ( which by the way is a perfect meal on its own), dosent matter.  Maybe ask the waiter that instead of a multi course meal, you would prefer to have a few orders of escargot ( along with a couple glasses of wine).  I LOVE the escargot in Le Bistro.  Dipping the bread in the garlic oil sauce ....YUMMMMMMM

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tcmagnum said:

New to Norwegian…

It's free.  If you only want an app(s), then it's a good deal.

Order what you want.  No one will be critical.

5 minutes ago, 9tee2Sea said:

yes. you will be waisting 1 of your dining.  You visited the restaurant ( as a perk), if all you want is escargot and wine ( which by the way is a perfect meal on its own), dosent matter.  Maybe ask the waiter that instead of a multi course meal, you would prefer to have a few orders of escargot ( along with a couple glasses of wine).  I LOVE the escargot in Le Bistro.  Dipping the bread in the garlic oil sauce ....YUMMMMMMM

Us too!!!
Thank you!!

5 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

It's free.  If you only want an app(s), then it's a good deal.

Order what you want.  No one will be critical.

Very good point.

Next question: Which restaurant would have the very best chocolate desert??

10 minutes ago, tcmagnum said:

Very good point.

Next question: Which restaurant would have the very best chocolate desert??

Cagney's chocolate seven layer cake!  Or if in Haven, the chocolate Moose cake. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

If all you want is an app and wine (and dessert), then just pay a la carte. No need to use a coupon...save that for an evening when you want a complete meal. 

35 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Agree on both counts!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 9tee2Sea said:

I LOVE the escargot in Le Bistro.  Dipping the bread in the garlic oil sauce ....YUMMMMMMM

I wonder who was the first person who saw a snail leaving a slime trail and thought, "Hmmm...I bet that thing would be delicious in garlic sauce."

• Haha 8

28 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

I wonder who was the first person who saw a snail leaving a slime trail and thought, "Hmmm...I bet that thing would be delicious in garlic sauce."

I know it's supposed to be a delicacy.  I've tried them a few times.  I just can't get over the texture.  Can't force myself to like them...not in the least!  LOL!

1 hour ago, tcmagnum said:

New to Norwegian…

At the time you go to dinner, you tell the hostess how you would like to pay for whatever you order. You can use a Free at Sea credit, you can use a purchased meal credit, you can use a Latitudes voucher if you get one for being a top tier member, you can use a credit/voucher from elsewhere (like your TA or credit card), or you can just charge the meal to the room. If you are just ordering one app, you probably want to charge it to your room. 

You would never get a weird look for ordering an app and glass of wine. Long ago when it was an Ultimate dining package, we used to do a progressive dinner at different restaurants. Not any more, though. 

On 1/20/2024 at 10:54 AM, vacation44 said:

I swear these are the same cakes, just in different form. Even if they're not, both are delightful! 

I do really enjoy the carrot cake in the Haven as well. 

• Like 1