EZ air flight cancelled

DougH

Just saw my flight home after cruise was cancelled by United. The two options they listed were too early, I would never make it off the ship in time. Just talked to pursers desk and they are emailing the Princess air department with details. Will Princess automatically rebook me? I live in a small town with limited flights. Would Princess put me in a hotel overnight if required? FYI I have insurance

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DougH said:

Just saw my flight home after cruise was cancelled by United. The two options they listed were too early, I would never make it off the ship in time. Just talked to pursers desk and they are emailing the Princess air department with details. Will Princess automatically rebook me? I live in a small town with limited flights. Would Princess put me in a hotel overnight if required? FYI I have insurance

Seriously would never expect EZair to automatically rebook you. You should contact them asap and see if they can help.

Also, try to work with United. They will try to do everything to book you on their metal but, if you knew specific flights from another major airline schedule that would work they can book you on that. They won’t unless you tell them the specific flights and explain the situation.

Good luck!

PS: There is a boat load (sorry😊) of flight’s getting cancelled right now for either grounding the 900 or weather. Try to act quickly unless you want some extra nights on the insurance tab.

Edited by AZjohn

Bottom line, yes EZ Air will get you home.

It may require you to be more pro-active than you would have liked to be involved.  Do you have Princess Insurance (it would have covered EZ Air and cruise)?

I had this fear before I left from my cruise (returning flight cancelled).  It took me weeks to get it resolved.  Then the times were not convenient:  late departure/late arrival/short connection time.

I called multiple times to ask if they would put me up for the night if I missed my connection.  They really didn't want to commit to that and told me I would make it.  Read your contract...it does state that they will get you home.  Be happy it is at the end of your cruise.  I know, not the kind of stress you need right now.

7 hours ago, DougH said:

EZAir should rebook you.  GS sent a message and if they don’t respond soon, they can also connect you to them at the desk, if you’re traveling really soon?

Look at alternatives yourself.  If United cancelled due to the weather, they usually won’t protect offline. See what choices you have and be ready to tell EZAir. Then, let EZAir handle your protection.  

Hotel, if you need it, ask EZAir.  
You may have to book one, then apply for insurance to cover it.

Best of luck.