Bali/Benoa...debark??

cruisehabits

Good day all!

When disembarking in Bali/Benoa....I have heard debark can be a REAL process.

Regarding onward travel the day of debark....from experience having debarked in Bali....what time of day is reasonable to book a domestic flight from DPS to another destination in Indonesia?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

• 2 weeks later...

Might depend on ship - docking or tendering. The new terminal in Benita should be operational by now but many might not have experience with the new terminal yet.

Distance from Benoa port to Ngurah Rai Internationale Lufthavn (DPS) is very short - 15 to 30 minutes. In general boarding and security at the airport is efficient.

• Like 1

We just returned from the Millenniim that disembarked at Benoa port.  It all depends on what time the ship gets clearance, and a few days ago we were cleared for the first groups to disembark around 7:30am.  It was very organized as far as immigration and claiming bags, but very chaotic outside the terminal. If you don’t have a ships tour or ships transfers, you have to walk with your luggage outside the bus parking area to find private pick up and taxis.  I would arrange private pick up if not doing the ships transfers.  I believe it is around 5 miles from Benoa port to the DPS airport but can take 30-45 min if a lot of traffic.  Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say if taking a domestic flight out of DPS the same day, try to book one in the afternoon at the earliest to give yourself plenty of time, just in case of delays leaving the port terminal or traffic to the airport. Earlier flights also run the risk of missing the flight if immigration/customs take a while. Afternoon flights at 2pm or later would be a safer bet.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 11:30 PM, shecritic said:

I'd say if taking a domestic flight out of DPS the same day, try to book one in the afternoon at the earliest to give yourself plenty of time, just in case of delays leaving the port terminal or traffic to the airport. Earlier flights also run the risk of missing the flight if immigration/customs take a while. Afternoon flights at 2pm or later would be a safer bet.

Thank you for your response.  There is a flight @ 130p that looks like it will work....I will probably proceed with that.  Thanks again! 🙂

Safe travels to all! 🙂