Nieuw Amsterdam southbound Alaska - dining times / dressy nights

LynKev

Our travel agent has us booked for late seating on our Alaska cruise, but I don't see the seating time in our HAL reservations. Any past experience?  Trying to see if we should keep late seating or change to anytime dining.

Also, what nights on the cruise are typically the dressy nights?  I'm assuming it will be the days we are in Glacier Bay, but again I'm not sure where to find this information on the HAL reservation.

Late seating has been at a couple different times lately so possibly 7:30 or 8pm.  First dressy night is usually the first sea day.  Please share your itinerary so we can be a little more specific with possible dressy nights.

The dressy night info will not show until you are onboard on the navigator app or on "The Daily" information pamphlet.

~Nancy

I am on a Nieuw Amsterdam southbound 

Whittier departs 7:30 pm

Hubbard Glacier cruising 3:00-6:00

Glacier Bay 8:30-6:30

Skagway 7-9:00

Juneau 8-5

Ketchikan 11-7

Scenic cruising Inside Passage

Vancouver 

it would be useful to know dressy nights so I may book specialty restaurants. Am currently open seating for our family of 6, but have emailed HAL to change to early as we have a child with food allergy and want the same waiter every night and early enough to see if he has an allergic reaction before he goes to bed. No response yet, one week waiting.

@Cruising on a Sunday afte I would guess that Hubbard Glacier will be the first dressy night and Juneau will be the second since it leaves port the earliest.  It is never on the last night of the cruise.

Did you book with a travel agent or Personal Cruise Consultant at HAL?  If so, they can take care of asking for early fixed seating for your group.  You will probably get a faster response from one of them than a general email.   If you booked it online yourself then calling should get you the quickest results.

Have fun in Alaska, I love the Nieuw Amsterdam (3 times on her to Alaska)!

~Nancy

1 minute ago, oakridger said:

I would guess that Hubbard Glacier will be the first dressy night and Juneau will be the second since it leaves port the earliest. 

That was my guess, too. 

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the itinerary, Cruising on a Sunday!  

I appreciate the feedback, as it helps with planning.  Nancy, glad to hear how much you like the Nieuw Amsterdam.  This is our first time sailing on HAL.

• Like 1