Princess Cabo Whale Watch: People who have taken this

Al2863

I would think that the answer to this question would be very dependent upon the individual. We have not done that specific excursion but have done many whale watch tours with no issues...but the next person may very well have a different experience. 

We did that in December 2008. It was not successful as we did not see any whales. It was a small "boat" and it is possible to get seasick if you have those issues. It was a sunny day with wind. The four of us were fine, but we would not do it again, at least for that time of year.

13 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I would think that the answer to this question would be very dependent upon the individual. We have not done that specific excursion but have done many whale watch tours with no issues...but the next person may very well have a different experience. 

Obviously!! I was simply asking for people’s personal experience

Hi we in Cabo early January and we where on a sea going yacht. We saw whales. The captian actively looked for them. I went down stairs to the bath room and a whale breached really close to the boat I could see the tail out of the bedroom window. No one upstairs saw it. I get sea sick and I donot remeber having any trouble. But the sea can change from Hour to hour. Also depending if there is a storm brewing. We enjoyed the excurrsion. I also remember we were late back to the dock and were on the last tender back to the ship. It was a short time in Cabo.  I do remember people complining they were sea sick on the ship( Island Princess) and the sea was like glass. Not rough at all . We did this pre covid so things may have changed. Maybe try asking on a current roll call for the same cruise to see if anyone is planning  to do the excurrsion and can post there experiences with the excurrsion. If you decide to go hopefully the seas are calm and you see lots of whales.

Cabo is a tender port so if it's rough enough for the average person to get seasick on a whale watch boat, it's probably too rough to run tenders.  I was on this tour a couple of weeks ago.  The weather was beautiful and we saw several whales.  The whales were all within a few miles of the port.  We didn't go very far out.

• Thanks 1

We did this tour last February. It included a slow cruise by Lover's Beach and adult beverages. There were whales all around. The most difficult part was walking around the boat. Find a seat or stand next to a rail and hold on. This is a great excursion. No one was sea sick as everyone was too excited watching the humpbacks.

• Thanks 1

I've never seen anyone get sick on a whale-watching cruise.

However, I was disturbed that the captain on our Princess tour in Cabo was aggressively chasing whales.

In Hawaii, he'd have been arrested. Made me angry.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49