Cabana Question on Apex

I'm assuming you are saying you already have access to Retreat, as to my knowledge the Cabana does not include access to Retreat for non-suite passengers.

Never would book one -   About a year ago you got a Liter Bottle of Premium Liquor and things like beer.   Now they have removed that.    There was at least value to some with that deal.

I would  look at a ships tour on YouTube to see if you would enjoy.  Purely my opinion is why would anyone want to spend money to sit on a hallway open to the public and facing the Magic Carpet on many of the ships.   Even the revised plan facing the pool I just don't understand.

The only time I've ever seen them used was a Travel Agent that reserved the larger size and then entertained some of his booked guests.

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Never would book one -   About a year ago you got a Liter Bottle of Premium Liquor and things like beer.   Now they have removed that.    There was at least value to some with that deal.

Are you sure they removed the liter or liquor and beers from the cabanas on the Edge class ships? I know there were reports of this being removed from the Solstice class ships with cabanas/alcoves.

Looking on the menu for the cabanas on the app, it still shows the liquor and beer as included items. The menu I saw was for an upcoming Apex sailing.

I still would agree with @Jim_Iain that the value just isn't there if you've already got access to the Retreat and a drink package. If you have neither of those, there could be some value with the cabana with the included liquor. The cabanas are not private, but they are comfy and provide a reserved space on the pool deck with attentive food & beverage service. My wife and I enjoyed our cabana experience on Apex and saw good value based on the inclusions as we were in a balcony and didn't purchase a drink package. We saw it as a "taste" of the suite experience.

29 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Are you sure they removed the liter or liquor and beers from the cabanas on the Edge class ships? I know there were reports of this being removed from the Solstice class ships with cabanas/alcoves.

Looking on the menu for the cabanas on the app, it still shows the liquor and beer as included items. The menu I saw was for an upcoming Apex sailing.

That I am not sure of.   I looked at the advert - and really lacking in description of anything included.  The first line makes me cringe, but we know how good Celebrity IT  team is.       I can see what you mean in the APP.   That of course is not shown on the S-Class.    If included you may find some value as a Bar Setup in Room has gone up to $208.99+20% grat. on Sale from $230 for Premium 1 liter bottle.   Maybe I should book it for Iain and not use the Cabana.   LOL instead of booking a Bar Setup.   

With their great IT on our next 2 cruises I purchased the bar setup under Gifts for $120 but they plugged that loophole recently.

Overview

It’s the perfect escape – within your vacation escape. Once you’re comfortably settled in, your Cabana Attendant helps make your time even more special. PRICING IS PER CABANA, NOT PER PERSON. ONE PERSON IN THE PARTY SHOULD RESERVE THE CABANA. THE CABANA ACCOMMODATES A MAXIMUM OF 2 GUESTS.

Important details and advisements

• Additional items such as beverages, menu supplements, food and wine pairings and gratuities are not included.
  • All dining package are per person only and cannot be shared or combined with other promotions.
  • Cancelled packages are subject to full cover charges and there are no refunds for unused amounts.
  • Dining Packages Specialty Dining Package pricing include restaurant cover charges only.
  • Offers are non-transferable and not combinable with Captain Club discounts or any other offer or promotion.
  • Reservations are subject to change based on availability of ship and sail date.
  • Restaurant reservations are subject to availability, and reservations are non-transferable.
  • This is non redeemable for cash.

Edited by Jim_Iain