Embarkation in EZE - Overnight?

blloydtbird

Hi folks,

We are looking to do an Antartica cruise with Princess, one that begins and ends in Buenos Aires. In looking at the itinerary, I noticed the ship stays overnight on embarkation day.  Does an overnight embarkation day generally provide an additional day to board the ship, i.e. if flights are delayed? If not, is there a reason the ship stays in port overnight?

Thanks 

Day & Date Destination Duration
Wed, 12/18/24
+View Details
Wed, 12/18/24 Buenos Aires, Argentina
View general port information
Overnight
 to 
Thu, 12/19/24 Buenos Aires, Argentina  to 4:00pm
Fri, 12/20/24 At Sea  to 
Sat, 12/21/24 At Sea  to 
Sun, 12/22/24 At Sea  to 

3 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have heard (secondhand) that yes, you could board the next day...but I would not put ANY faith in answers that you get in a forum for something this important!  CALL PRINCESS!

Thanks.  Will of course get the final answer from Princess. Given the length of time it takes to get a hold of them, figured to get a sense, even anecdotal, from experienced cruisers here.  

I was on a Princess ship with two overnights in B.A. It was the end of one cruise and the beginning of another. We were already on board when the ship arrived. We used it as our hotel to tour for two days. The reason for the overnight is to allow time for passengers to arrive from many locations around the world and to allow passengers time to visit B.A. Fairly certain passengers were able to initially board on either day as well as during the overnight hours. The gang plank was always open. I don't see any reason why not.

Strongly suggest that you book flights that arrive at least one day early and overnight at a B.A. hotel.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, skynight said:

I was on a Princess ship with two overnights in B.A. It was the end of one cruise and the beginning of another. We were already on board when the ship arrived. We used it as our hotel to tour for two days. The reason for the overnight is to allow time for passengers to arrive from many locations around the world and to allow passengers time to visit B.A. Fairly certain passengers were able to initially board on either day as well as during the overnight hours. The gang plank was always open. I don't see any reason why not.

Strongly suggest that you book flights that arrive at least one day early and overnight at a B.A. hotel.  

Thank you!

• 1 month later...