What perks would you want in the Penultimate tier of Captain's Club?

patty1955

3 minutes ago, miched said:

Free Classic drink pack?   Dream on especially when they are making cutbacks on what is included in the drink packages.  There again with all of the Elite plus that would qualify it wouldn’t be financially feasible.    

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

It wouldn't be all the Elite Plus members. It  would be for those in the Penultimate level (probably 1500 points). We're Elite Plus but we've need 700 more points to attain Penultimate. It might inspire us to try but we're never going to make Zenith.

4 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

It wouldn't be all the Elite Plus members. It  would be for those in the Penultimate level (probably 1500 points). We're Elite Plus but we've need 700 more points to attain Penultimate. It might inspire us to try but we're never going to make Zenith.

I'm wondering if you understand that loyalty programs are nothing but very carefully crafted marketing tools? 

All of the perks available to members of a loyalty program have to be paid for. They are all hidden in your cruise fare. The more perks offered the higher your cruise fare will be. 

Loyalty programs only continue to exist if they increase profits. Do you understand that you are being encouraged to book future cruises with Celebrity with an illusion of extra value that is in the real world increasing the cost you are paying in the first place? 

Many do not....

3 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

Do you understand that you are being encouraged to book future cruises with Celebrity with an illusion of extra value that is in the real world increasing the cost you are paying in the first place? 

Many do not....

Isn't that what I said?

11 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

12 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

I am aware of that but there are probably many more than you may think that are in that area.   There are also a lot more Zenith than there use to be.   Before one on a cruise was rare now there are always a few. On our last cruise there were 11 and one was a double.   This wasn’t a repositioning cruise.  It was a 10 day Caribbean cruise.   I think there were also over 750 elite plus.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

7 hours ago, ian441672 said:

...and to be honest, the way Luminae has been lately, you wouldn't be missing out on much anyway!

I will have to disagree.

We are on board Ascent currently. We were on the last cruise also. IMO, Luminae has been outstanding. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Texed said:

I will have to disagree.

We are on board Ascent currently. We were on the last cruise also. IMO, Luminae has been outstanding. 

I will have to disagree. 

We were on Beyond two days ago. The food wasn't served hot and some had to be sent back. The menu is limited and the quality was not particularly good. The word outstanding means ' exceptionally good'. There's just no way the food in Luminae was 'exceptionally good' on our cruise. 

7 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

We were on Beyond two days ago. The food wasn't served hot and some had to be sent back. 

Sorry you haven’t enjoyed Luminae. We got off of Beyond in November, and we were pleased. 

But, I have to admit, Ascent is even better. 😊

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Texed said:

I will have to disagree.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, cruising teacher said:

I would certainly like to see a Zenith Plus Level. We did not get to 6000 points by booking suites but by true loyalty.

I agree a Zenith Plus level at 7500 points would be great !!! Would probably have about as many members as the original Zenith level did when it was first implemented in late 2013 (less than 50).

Even Zeniths don't get any free dining upgrade (unless the top cruiser) but complementary Blu access would be a great perk for Zenith+.

Also would be nice if they honored EVERY Zenith+ onboard and not just the top cruiser.

Last week my daughter had 50 points less than the top cruiser (both triple Zenith) and more Celebrity cruises (250+), but got nothing !!!

Edited by TommyD3