Spirit of Adventure

JMMKUK

4 minutes ago, JMMKUK said:

Are there still only 9 cases?

The launderettes & hydrotherapy pool were open at the height of Covid.

No idea how many today. The 9 yesterday were confirmed and we were told no new cases then. I think the communication in the tannoy system is poor. We didn’t hear cruise director from Thursday evening until yesterday afternoon. (Tuesday) on the tannoy. Occasional captain messages. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JMMKUK said:

Are there still only 9 cases?

The launderettes & hydrotherapy pool were open at the height of Covid.

Yesterday morning the captain announced that 9 cases had been identified the previous morning but none since. Preventative measures were being introduced however whilst the situation was monitored. Since then we have not heard a word from him but the restrictions appear to have been tightened; all interactive activities appear to have been cancelled and the books and board games have been removed from the library. To say that this cruise has “gone down the pan” is perhaps an understatement. All we need now is for our one remaining port to be cancelled …,,,

Edited by Denarius
Spelling
  • Like 2

The remaining port may not let you disembark of course.

Looks like they need to investigate where it's coming from as I'm sure people on here said it was on 2 previous cruises.

Last time we were on Sapphine they had door handles on the public toilets that squirted hand sanitiser. It was quite as shock first time as it was over generous.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Denarius said:

Yesterday morning the captain announced that 9 cases had been identified the previous morning but none since. Preventative measures were being introduced however whilst the situation was monitored. Since then we have not heard a word from him but the restrictions appear to have been tightened; all interactive activities appear to have been cancelled and the books and board games have been removed from the library. To say that this cruise has “gone down the pan” is perhaps an understatement. All we need now is for our one remaining port to be cancelled …,,,

3 hours ago, JMMKUK said:

The remaining port may not let you disembark of course.

Looks like they need to investigate where it's coming from as I'm sure people on here said it was on 2 previous cruises.

Last time we were on Sapphine they had door handles on the public toilets that squirted hand sanitiser. It was quite as shock first time as it was over generous.

Sadly, the alcohol hand gel is not effective against Norovirus. (It's all to do with the lipid shell of the Coronavirus!)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JMMKUK said:

Good to see SoA has arrived at the final port.

We have! Weather quite pleasant, about 15c, mainly sunny, light winds, no rain forecast. Then back to Britain’s cloud and rain 😕

• Like 1

I love it when that happens. When there was a Harwich to Hamburg ferry they used to do it as the ship left the river about 4 hours after leaving Harnburg.

Hope you are well Denarius.

10 hours ago, Denarius said:

We have! Weather quite pleasant, about 15c, mainly sunny, light winds, no rain forecast. Then back to Britain’s cloud and rain 😕

You might be ok, Britain over the weekend is forecast to be mild and temperatures in the teens, you will of course have to make your own tea though.

On 2/1/2024 at 4:49 PM, Denarius said:

Just leaving port and they‘re shooting at us! A gun salute from one of the old forts. Blanks I hope.

IMG_1743.jpeg

I didn't really mind being shot at. I was more miffed at being awoken from my afternoon Zzzz by the  sound of a pipe and drum band outside our balcony...

On 2/3/2024 at 12:44 PM, LondonLad60 said:

I didn't really mind being shot at. I was more miffed at being awoken from my afternoon Zzzz by the  sound of a pipe and drum band outside our balcony...

I wish we had known the pipe and drum were there. No word from CD! 

1 hour ago, JMMKUK said:

I presume the CD wasn't JoBo.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise Jane even though it wasn't quite the one you booked.

Have they offered any compensation?

no not JoBo, but everyone was saying how could she was. It was Corey. The only negative to the cruise apart from generator problems.

No compensation offered yet but we are in the process of an email. 
We did get a letter on board with the original itinerary and the new one. For insurance applications. States it was weather. ! 

42 minutes ago, janecambridge said:

no not JoBo, but everyone was saying how could she was. It was Corey. The only negative to the cruise apart from generator problems.

No compensation offered yet but we are in the process of an email. 
We did get a letter on board with the original itinerary and the new one. For insurance applications. States it was weather. ! 

Are you saying SAGA has issued letters for those with missed port insurance on the basis that two calls were missed following a three day weather delay? But they’ve failed to mention that one day out of the three was due to onboard technical issues and not the weather? If so, so much for SAGA values. 

• 2 weeks later...