Spirit of Adventure

JMMKUK

23 hours ago, Denarius said:

On our way nearly two days late. Ship moving a bit but not excessively. Expect captain to make announcement later re itinerary. Speculation is that we will miss out Funchal and sail straight to La Palma, with rest of itinerary unchanged.

My crystal ball says you'll miss Lanzarote

On 1/21/2024 at 2:17 PM, LandC said:

I understand from another social media site that the ship is staying in Portsmouth until Monday morning to avoid an incoming storm.  Shuttles have been provided to visit local attractions.

17 minutes ago, JMMKUK said:

Looks like she's 'on the way' again.

Hopefully the restart of a good cruise. Sorry you've missed at least 3 days & aren't already enjoying warmer weather.

On reflection we are glad we had to cancel this cruise. 

49 minutes ago, JMMKUK said:

Looks like she's 'on the way' again.

Hopefully the restart of a good cruise. Sorry you've missed at least 3 days & aren't already enjoying warmer weather.

Not under way yet unfortunately. Captain recently announced that results of generator tests still awaited. Further announcement will be made in due course. Passengers not happy bunnies!

• Like 1

So midday now and we are just passing Falmouth. Can’t see us getting to canaries. It’s 1800 nautical miles from here. May get a day or two  then turn round and come home. 
captain just said assessments complete and  he is talking  to shore side! 
my husband and I are enjoying ourselves regardless, just sad we still have bad weather for next few days. 

• Like 1

Looks like under way again now. There is a thick fog here, otherwise on waking  I would have been able to see the ship out of our windows!* Let's hope all goes on well from here. 

Funchal and La Palma both pleasantly warm when we were there last week on S of D, happy sailing to all on board. 

* and wouldn't be the first time.

• Like 1

Under way again, three days behind schedule. No revised itinerary yet but expect to lose at least two ports. Hope one is El Ferrol rather than Madeira or or some of the Canaries!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, janecambridge said:

I think we need to stop at Madeira for logistic reasons but to let the staff off for a while. 

There are ports that have to be scheduled in. Last time we couldn't get to Funchal because of the weather we went to the Azores. We were changing Captain on the way to the Caribbean so they had to try to get somewhere to do that.

Used to have to go to Trinidad to refuel. That doesn't seem to be true with the new ships.

Change over of crew & entertainers also has to be considered.

Latest info is heading to Madeira for late tomorrow night.(Thursday)  Stay overnight and leave Friday evening. Head to La Palma and then Tenerife. So only doing 50% of the canaries. Rather sad. Although weather was something to do with it there appears to have been a fault on the ship too. Disappointed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janecambridge said:

Latest info is heading to Madeira for late tomorrow night.(Thursday)  Stay overnight and leave Friday evening. Head to La Palma and then Tenerife. So only doing 50% of the canaries. Rather sad. Although weather was something to do with it there appears to have been a fault on the ship too. Disappointed. 

Schedule is one day later than stated above, ie

Madeira Fri evening and all day Sat

La Palma Sun

Tenerife Mon

Then on to El Ferrol as per original schedule

So we have lost Lanzarote and Gran Canaria, two out of our original six ports.

IMG_1735.jpeg

Edited by Denarius
Photo added
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, JMMKUK said:

So not really discovering the Canaries at all. Personally I'd be really pleased to have an overnight in Funchal though.

It isn’t is it. We have lost one half of our Canaries ports. Personally I would have rather we had lost El Ferrol and kept Gran Canaria!

On 1/27/2024 at 7:19 AM, LandC said:

I hope the remainder of the cruise goes according to plan.

Nearly. Revised itinerary maintained but a minor outbreak of noravirus - 9 cases according to the captain- a couple of days ago has caused preventative measures to be implemented. So all close contact activities like bridge and craft classes have been suspended and the books have once again disappeared from the library. They really do need to rename the latter!

8 minutes ago, Denarius said:

Nearly. Revised itinerary maintained but a minor outbreak of noravirus - 9 cases according to the captain- a couple of days ago has caused preventative measures to be implemented. So all close contact activities like bridge and craft classes have been suspended and the books have once again disappeared from the library. They really do need to rename the latter!

Have they stopped table tennis