Epicurean table sizes

Ganners

Hello everyone

We're sailing on Iona in a couple of months in a larger family group in mutliple cabins to celebrate a special birthday. We quite fancy a family meal on the day in question in Epicurean but can't find any references to whether they can accomodate a larger than normal party. We will be nine adults.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of what can be done as a custom booking? The "app" seems to offer a maximum of four persons.

Thanks

Paul

Logistically there is no reason why it cannot be done as I have been to special events in Epicurean (not on Iona) where there have been significantly more than nine at the table. The issue will be whether they are willing to do it - all you can do is ask P&O.

Just now, Ganners said:

Hello everyone

We're sailing on Iona in a couple of months in a larger family group in mutliple cabins to celebrate a special birthday. We quite fancy a family meal on the day in question in Epicurean but can't find any references to whether they can accomodate a larger than normal party. We will be nine adults.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of what can be done as a custom booking? The "app" seems to offer a maximum of four persons.

Thanks

Paul

They can definitely accommodate much larger groups, because when we were on Iona there was a group of at least 15 people at the afternoon tea (you couldn’t miss them, but that’s a separate issue). As to whether they’d allow that at dinner I’ve no idea. I suspect if you asked P&O they’d say that you have to book on board, but by the time you get on board you’d most likely find that there wasn’t availability left for that number, even if they could accommodate you.  

If P&O can’t help, in order to guarantee availability, I’d be inclined to get two of your group to book two tables of 4 for the same date and time, and maybe a third person book a solo and then as soon as you are on board go and see the restaurant manager and explain that you are all in fact one group. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ganners said:

Hello everyone

Thanks

Paul

When we were on Iona in Epicurean in November there was a group of 12 people dining.

Tables are pushed together to accommodate as many as necessary into a long table.

The only issue I can see is you will be unable to pre book before the cruise due to number of people so missing out on 20% discount. By the time you get onboard there might be no availability. Get your TA or phone P&O to ask the question.

@majortom10, you can pre-book and we have.

@Ganners, the second part of the response from @Selbourne will fit your needs.

We travelled as a group of eight on Britannia. I pre-booked a table of four and got my 20% discount and additional Peninsula discount. One of our daughters pre-booked the other table of four and got the 20% discount; she couldn't get the Peninsula discount too as she wasn't a member.

Once onboard, I went to speak with the restaurant host; unfortunately, because Britannia's Epicurean is smaller than the one on Iona, they couldn't push the tables together but we all sat at two adjacent window tables and it was just fine.

I have seen tables pushed together on both Iona and Arvia in order to accommodate larger groups; just bear in mind that it is very unlikely that they will be window tables.

Going on from what Selbourne suggests, if I were in your position, and to benefit from the discount, I would get three members of the party to pre-book, table sizes being four, three, and two. Once onboard go and visit the restaurant to make sure they can put them together.

• Like 2