Zaandam Suites

We're trying to decide between a Vista Suite and a Neptune Suite on the Zaandam.  Can anyone tell me whether either or both of these cabins have a divider between the sleeping area and the sitting area?

There is no formal divider, just a much (much)  larger space in the Neptune between I assume the sofa bed for the third person and the main sleeping area.

There may be a curtain, that can separates the sofa (hidabed) and the other double beds in the main sleeping area in the Vista suite, as best I recall. But again no formal separation of these two areas.

• Thanks 1

No, and keep in mind the Vista "suite" is not really a suite - just a renamed veranda cabin - about half the size of the Neptune suite, which as has already been pointed out, is a large cabin, with no divider between sitting and sleeping area. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A Vista Suite on Zaandam is just a fancy name for a veranda cabin. There is a curtain between the bed and sitting area. This is all well and good but if one person wants to watch TV for instance while the other sleeps, the TV is at the foot of the bed. That being said if you are collecting "Mariner" points the Vista suite gets the double points (and the suite rate for gratuities) We never saw a Neptune suite so can't comment on that.

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

We're trying to decide between a Vista Suite and a Neptune Suite on the Zaandam.  Can anyone tell me whether either or both of these cabins have a divider between the sleeping area and the sitting area?

The Vista Suite actually has more of a divider than the Neptune. It has a 18" or so glass 'stick out' and a drapery that can be pulled across 2/3 of the cabin width. This was a great cabin for three, with three banks of drawers and I think four closets. There is also a drapery that pulls all across the hall where the closets are, to afford privacy for dressing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L5XiYQx2cA&t=135s

You will have to watch 2 or more advertisements! Sorry that is YouTube for you.

Here is the Neptune Suite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmiywt-0c2M&t=37s

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Zaandam vista suite on our holiday cruise a few weeks ago. You can see the track in ceiling for the curtain. One thing to note is the tv is at the foot of the bed. I would prefer it across from the couch but c’est la vie. We had 3 in the cabin and the curtain provided ample privacy. Not sure if you are having 3 in room but if so I don’t think the Neptune suites couch converts to a bed

C550D72B-505E-425C-B7B4-EA3C0F7BC512.jpeg

Edited by tartanmom
  • Thanks 1