My time dining with 13 ppl - Few logistic questions

We're cruising as a group of 13. We want to attempt my time dining but not sure if we're setting ourselves up for failure. First, my question would be do their tables accommodate 13 or are we going to need two tables? Secondly, I haven't done it on Royal Caribbean yet but on carnival you can make standing reservations for the days you plan on eating in the dining room. Is that the case for Royal? Or do I have to make a reservation every morning? And do I have to go down to the dining room to do so?

We had a Greece explorer cruise that we had MTD or and they changed it to early dining without notice.

I just asked this question to the MDR MTD host on my last cruise.  They said the max they like to do is 10.  You could link the reservations to be only 6 and 7 people and it would work.

We were on the Liberty OTS in April.  There were two very long tables all pushed together near us.  Our MTD time was 7:15 [so not early or late dining] Shortly after we arrived a staff member brought a group of 14 women to one of the tables and a few minutes later, 15 people arrived for the second table.  We assumed these were arranged by genies. Are you in a suite?

5 hours ago, heffa72 said:

We're cruising as a group of 13. We want to attempt my time dining but not sure if we're setting ourselves up for failure. First, my question would be do their tables accommodate 13 or are we going to need two tables? Secondly, I haven't done it on Royal Caribbean yet but on carnival you can make standing reservations for the days you plan on eating in the dining room. Is that the case for Royal? Or do I have to make a reservation every morning? And do I have to go down to the dining room to do so?

we had a group of 12 on the Oasis a few years back and they pushed a couple tables together to make 1. We had anytime dining and the Maitre'd told us as long as we got to the dining room by a specific time he'd hold the table for us every day. One day it was available but we were only moved back 2 rows of tables for that one day. The Maitre'd was awesome. He came over to our table 2 of the nights and poured us all a glass of champagne.

• Like 1

We have a group of 10 sailing on Harmony in 2 weeks with MTD. You can make reservations ahead of time online, but my mom tells me the website won't allow her to make reservations for more than 8 of us despite her having all reservations linked. We have groups of us doing specialty dining most days meaning 8 or fewer in the MDR so rather than try to figure it out, my mom and I are just going to hit up the maitre'd on embarkation day and see if we can add the 2 extras on the few days we're all in the MDR together. Still I'd wager at the very least you should be able to call and make reservations for a larger group.

• Like 1