Word of Caution

kasowell2

Warning Long Read

Always check your account. We found a good deal (at least in my opinion) January 20th evening on an aqua class cabin sailing on the Reflection on March 10th. Booked it and paid in full for fare, classic, drinks, and WiFi. Went online on the 21st to upgrade classic package to premium. It wouldn’t let me do it online so I called. The person I spoke to online said I didn’t have any package. Of course I disagreed and upon looking close the whole thing changed to no package and they charged me almost $2400 that I did not authorize. At that rate I could’ve booked a full suite for less.  

The lady on the phone was very helpful and transferred me to the department that could check on it. The rep there was able to see the original booking and the included packages but for some unknown reason it was all gone and they changed it to the higher rate. I will state now that the aqua class room was obviously the last one because when I looked again after the original booking there were no more available. 

Back to story. The rep was able to get in touch with the resolutions department and got it back to the correct amount. I do have multiple screenshots and pdf copies of invoice but I also know they can always say it was a mistake and refund my money which is okay ( not happy but ok) I will make sure everything is accurate before I book non refundable hotel and thankfully we can drive to the port.

I hope this helps someone.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I had a different problem with their accounting system that I had to call to resolve.

Their whole IT system is screwed up.

I think you have to “continuously” check your booking because it can get screwed up at ANY time.

• Like 3

This is my first time booking directly and the only reason was I had to act quickly. With a travel agent I wouldn’t worry about it as much. I still can’t upgrade the drink package though

I had a similar problem. Booked around the Black Friday sale and then went in to make some adjustments (nothing with a cost associated). It suddenly took my booking from a very reasonable sale price to an outrageously different total. 
I, too, had to call to get it adjusted and that was a lot of time on hold I'll never get back. 

I decided after that to not make any further changes, no matter how tempting, until the final payment was made. 

I just had my TA book a cruise this morning from a book later I had..I just went to see if I was able to upgrade my drink package but it was not listed in my order history…it is listed on my confirmation…I guess I will give it a day or two before I have my TA call to clarify the situation..

1 hour ago, LandLockedInAZ2 said:

I decided after that to not make any further changes, no matter how tempting, until the final payment was made. 

But…. I had paid in full and they charged my credit card for the fictitious difference. They are going to credit it back but I didn’t authorize it and that really bothers me

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, kasowell2 said:

But…. I had paid in full and they charged my credit card for the fictitious difference. They are going to credit it back but I didn’t authorize it and that really bothers me

It really shouldn't be this difficult. 

This will be my first Celebrity Cruise and knowing these things happen not just to me, but others frequently, well, it's not a good first impression.

15 hours ago, kasowell2 said:

Warning Long Read

Always check your account. We found a good deal (at least in my opinion) January 20th evening on an aqua class cabin sailing on the Reflection on March 10th. Booked it and paid in full for fare, classic, drinks, and WiFi. Went online on the 21st to upgrade classic package to premium. It wouldn’t let me do it online so I called. The person I spoke to online said I didn’t have any package. Of course I disagreed and upon looking close the whole thing changed to no package and they charged me almost $2400 that I did not authorize. At that rate I could’ve booked a full suite for less.  

The lady on the phone was very helpful and transferred me to the department that could check on it. The rep there was able to see the original booking and the included packages but for some unknown reason it was all gone and they changed it to the higher rate. I will state now that the aqua class room was obviously the last one because when I looked again after the original booking there were no more available. 

Back to story. The rep was able to get in touch with the resolutions department and got it back to the correct amount. I do have multiple screenshots and pdf copies of invoice but I also know they can always say it was a mistake and refund my money which is okay ( not happy but ok) I will make sure everything is accurate before I book non refundable hotel and thankfully we can drive to the port.

I hope this helps someone.

Very frustrating.  Did you book online or with a rep over the phone.  Did you receive a confirmation when you booked with Celebrity?   I book directly via phone and don’t let the rep hang up until I can review and be sure it is correct.  Have seen discrepancies in the past and they were corrected immediately. 

I booked online. I checked the next day and everything was fine. Later that same day it went crazy. No package just cruise only and the price was $2500 more and it charged my card even when earlier and at booking it showed zero balance. It seems to be straightened out now but I’m checking periodically. The people I spoke with seemed really perplexed about it since it made no sense at all. 

1 hour ago, kasowell2 said:

Update: The system allowed me this morning to upgrade our classic drink package to premium so maybe it’s all correct now. I will still check it periodically to make sure though 

Because of so many reported ghost increases to fully paid bookings, I periodically have gone into my app to the Manage My Cruise link and taken screenshots of the "$ 0.00 balance due" page. Ten more days to departure!