Free bottle of wine in the steakhouse when only one is dining? (if so, what kinds?)

KKB

I am sailing solo--would I get this offer as well?

If so, it says "house wine"--I only drink Pinot Grigio & Sauvignon Blanc (occasionally Prosecco or Champagne)

What is the house wine?

Thanks!

I think its the Layer Cake Cab or Chardonnay.

You can also get any bottle for 1/2 off. Our favorite is Caymus so we end up getting at least 2 bottles., sometimes 3. They are usually pretty good about letting us get a bottle to go to take with us back to the room. Pretty good deal to get a $100 bottle of wine for $50.  

Just remember that this free bottle or discounted bottle is only available on the 1st and 2nd night of the cruise. 

• Thanks 1

I've sailed solo and was offered a bottle of the "free stuff" for myself..

I don't remember the name of the wine but it was white.  It was OK but I'm not a big wine drinker.  I left half the bottle..  .

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, KKB said:

I am sailing solo--would I get this offer as well?

If so, it says "house wine"--I only drink Pinot Grigio & Sauvignon Blanc (occasionally Prosecco or Champagne)

What is the house wine?

Thanks!

I think it is Santa Helena, IIRC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We took the free wine offer once. It was a bottle of red Santa Helena. It was not very good imo. We barely drank a glass combined, and left the bottle behind. Not sure what the white wine brand was, but if it's Santa Helena, I'd pass.

Rather take the 50% off deal instead. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mdin said:

We took the free wine offer once. It was a bottle of red Santa Helena. It was not very good imo. We barely drank a glass combined, and left the bottle behind. Not sure what the white wine brand was, but if it's Santa Helena, I'd pass.

Ditto here

6 hours ago, mdin said:

4 hours ago, grimpil said:

Ditto here

About the same price per bottle for what I drink as the wine package...I think THAT should round out my needs!

Yep.  Got fooled with that offer once and poured that stuff down the sink drain.   Conundrum by Caymus is a good option for a white wine at 50% off.   For red, I loke Tri County Cherry Pie.  We're not wine snobs, so not looking for a 10/10,  but that free wine is barely a 1 IMO.   

20 hours ago, 80sGal said:

Yep.  Got fooled with that offer once and poured that stuff down the sink drain.   Conundrum by Caymus is a good option for a white wine at 50% off.   For red, I loke Tri County Cherry Pie.  We're not wine snobs, so not looking for a 10/10,  but that free wine is barely a 1 IMO.   

I'm no wine snob either--Aldi $3 Winking Owl Pinot Grigio is good by me!

BUT I AM picky about what I like.

Pinot Grigio is usually fine.

Sauvignon Blanc needs to be from NZ/AUS or Europe. Don't care for CA or Chile.

I will likely do the 50% off choice.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

The free wine is Santa Helena, their "house wine".  Your choices are Chardonnay for white or Cabernet for red, no picking another varietal as far as I'm aware of.

Then I'm DEFINITELY getting a 50% off bottle--I don't drink Chardonnay or Cabernet!