MSC Cruise comes back at 7am flights out of Sanford either 10am or 3:30pm - which do you pick?

aimcat

Which flight would you pick? Its about an hour from port back to Sanford - park rental car, check in....10am seems pushing it you think? Didnt want to wait til 3:30 but guess I have to now that I am typing this out...lol

The absolute last you can check bags is 45 minutes before a flight in many airports, and that does not guarantee you will actually make it through security and onto the plane. You often need to present yourself at the gate at least 20 minutes before the scheduled flight time.

If you back that to an hour, that's 9am. 10 minutes to check in car and get into the terminal. That's 8:50. 5 minutes to refuel the car. That's 8:45. The drive is at least 1 hour 7 minutes. That's 7:38. 8 minutes from the immigration/customs to the car and get loaded. 7:31.

Ate you feeling lucky? If everything worked perfectly. you could make it. If anything bumped at all, chances plummet.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FOPMan said:

The absolute last you can check bags is 45 minutes before a flight in many airports, and that does not guarantee you will actually make it through security and onto the plane. You often need to present yourself at the gate at least 20 minutes before the scheduled flight time.

If you back that to an hour, that's 9am. 10 minutes to check in car and get into the terminal. That's 8:50. 5 minutes to refuel the car. That's 8:45. The drive is at least 1 hour 7 minutes. That's 7:38. 8 minutes from the immigration/customs to the car and get loaded. 7:31.

Ate you feeling lucky? If everything worked perfectly. you could make it. If anything bumped at all, chances plummet.

Add in some smaller airports, close the desk and move the same employees to the gate at the 45 minute mark

Edited by Elaine5715
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Add in some smaller airports, close the desk and move the same employees to the gate at the 45 minute mark

I miss the days when I'd check in for my flight in a small airport and , in addition fo handing the agent my ticket, giving them my car keys. I knew all the agents for all the airlines at the airport- my girlfriend's roommate was one of the15 people. 

I'd leave my car next to the door and the agent would then take it after my flight left. They'd usually put it back when I was due to return.

Steve

• Like 1

I would be more comfortable with the later flight--disembarking MSC (especially if the ship is at capacity or you aren't staying in the Yacht Club) can be challenging. Better to have plenty of time and take it easy to Sanford.