NCL latest way to stop you from upgrading.

2 hours ago, SeaShark said:

You didn't like the answer you got from NCL and you don't like the answer you get here. Sorry about that, but sometimes the truth isn't what we want to hear.

Your answer above incorrectly compares CURRENT pricing. You didn't originally book under that pricing, so you can't use it. Again...apples to oranges.

Also, sorry that nobody here past final payment is going to call and try to cancel their booking just to "prove" something to you. This is only an internet discussion forum. Not a court for you to prensent your case, not a support group, we don't provide ammo and arguments for you to use against the cruise line...this is just a place to chat, not a place where everyone agrees. 

I am not trying to ask anyone to cancel there cruise to prove a point that is not cool. I answered most of all of the questions bellow and someone here did confirm that my numbers are correct. But I gave up they will not let me upgrade at the prices I mentioned they keep telling me numbers you would not have to pay if you booked it today online NCL.

4 hours ago, Asawi said:

This cruise is past final pay, so the "pay the difference" using a "price drop-price"  as your guide should be out the window just by that fact. No automatic "cancel and rebook" without a penalty at that point! (Even though I'm sure it has been done many times. But still not required)

The rules regarding rebooking are different in the US than they are in some other countries.  Many previous posts on CC have noted that in England, for example, it is not possible to rebook after final payment.  That may also be true in Sweden, where @Asawi lives.  In the US, as many like @ChiefMateJRK have pointed out, it is quite common to take advantage of last minute price drops.  Usually it means that you must simply pay the difference between the amount you already have paid for one type of cabin (at the older, higher price) and the cost of a higher category cabin (at the newer, lower price).  As long as the total cost is a bit more, meaning you have to pay NCL a bit more, it usually has not been a problem in the past.  My wife and I have done it several times.  The best deal we got was going from a Balcony to the Haven for just an extra $75 pp on a 14 day cruise.  We haven't done it since the restart after COVID, but I certainly hope that the process is still available.  As others have noted, rebooking a better room for a small additional amount after the final payment is very different from bidding on an upgrade.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Can you explain why NCL would want to stop someone from upgrading?

There isn't any reason.  As long as cabins are available, it makes sense for NCL to receive the greatest amount of revenue possible.  Haven staterooms cost more than Insides.  If there is a vacant Haven room on a particular cruise and someone booked in an Inside is willing to pay the price difference to change rooms, why wouldn't NCL simply say "Thank you" and take their money?

26 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

If there is a vacant Haven room on a particular cruise and someone booked in an Inside is willing to pay the price difference to change rooms, why wouldn't NCL simply say "Thank you" and take their money?

They certainly will, and have done so many times.  The OP is confused and refuses to spend 30 seconds to screen capture and paste the full details of his original invoice, instead insisting on posting only what is allegedly the "final full payment price."  We have no idea if that is true and/or if other expenses were included (such as prepaid DSC, airport transfers, trip insurance, etc.).  This continuing refusal to provide the facts suggests to many of us that we're just hearing a story.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

This continuing refusal to provide the facts suggests to many of us that we're just hearing a story.

Wow! I have a lot less suspicious mind than you! I just think OP is a little bit confused and maybe not expressing themselves well enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, detroitlions said:

Folks keep asking for my full payment info I did not do that ( and I am not going too) I only sent the bottom line with taxes included for everything out the door.

4 minutes ago, Asawi said:

Wow! I have a lot less suspicious mind than you! I just think OP is a little bit confused and maybe not expressing themselves well enough.

Did you miss that post (quoted above) where the OP simply refused to provide the rest of the story?  That might have been your first clue.  

BTW: "suspicious minds," while a great Elvis song, is not what we are dealing with here.   There are other words that would apply though....

Nothing to do with bidding on an upgrade (was I think the OP was doing), my last cruise in October on the Epic   Had a (relatively) cheap Haven cabin.  I don't put much stock into bidding for an upgrade.  But, when offered, I always take a look at the upgrade slider(s).  Was arranging some hotels with my TA and she mentioned there were some really nice HAVEN cabins to upgrade cheaply.

OK...I'll bite.

How about a 2BR Haven Suite in Haven proper for an upgrade price of $112, total?

Deal.

The MINIMUM bid on the same suite was 10x that.

Probably never stay in a 2BR suite again.  Can now say that I did.

4 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Did you miss that post (quoted above) where the OP simply refused to provide the rest of the story?  That might have been your first clue.  

BTW: "suspicious minds," while a great Elvis song, is not what we are dealing with here.   There are other words that would apply though....

For you....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

LOL! I was actually singing the song as I typed my previous post. 😄 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, detroitlions said:

Folks keep asking for my full payment info I did not do that ( and I am not going too)

Is the reason you refuse to provide the one piece of information that could explain all this because you really don't want to hear the correct explanation?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PATRLR said:

Is the reason you refuse to provide the one piece of information that could explain all this because you really don't want to hear the correct explanation?

Or, maybe an explanation isn't the goal...maybe all the OP wants is to have people agree with them, right or wrong.

No explanation, just affirmation.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Or, maybe an explanation isn't the goal...maybe all the OP wants is to have people agree with them, right or wrong.

No explanation, just affirmation.

Very resonable.

I'm still waiting for an explanation of why a cruise line would want to prevent upgrades.

• Like 1

I don't like the way y'all are ganging up against OP. The explanation has already been given. When originally booked BOGO air was offered and declined. Now the cruise package doesn't include the BOGO air offer, so the cruise price has dropped. It's basic marketing, tell you you're getting something for free but essentially raise the base fare to cover the cost. Because the FAS offers when booked are not the same FAS offered now, the cruise package comparison (the $50 difference) is not apples to apples. NCL will not rebook or upgrade or whatever you wanna call it. That's their prerogative. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, carohs said:

I don't like the way y'all are ganging up against OP. The explanation has already been given. When originally booked BOGO air was offered and declined. Now the cruise package doesn't include the BOGO air offer, so the cruise price has dropped. It's basic marketing, tell you you're getting something for free but essentially raise the base fare to cover the cost. Because the FAS offers when booked are not the same FAS offered now, the cruise package comparison (the $50 difference) is not apples to apples. NCL will not rebook or upgrade or whatever you wanna call it. That's their prerogative. 

Fewer would gang up if OP provided the data requested. 

If one makes allegations, one shouldn't be surprised if some want more supporting data.

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

When are you hitting Galveston?

We're spending Thursday night at the Marriott Airport (IAH).  We have a car picking us up at 0900 Friday.  I expect to checkin at the pier around 1000-1030. 

4 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

We're spending Thursday night at the Marriott Airport (IAH).  We have a car picking us up at 0900 Friday.  I expect to checkin at the pier around 1000-1030. 

Will be there Thursday but staying near the pier!  Whiskey Bar @ 5 on Friday?

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

Sounds good.

We cruised Princess out of Galveston in 2013.  We stayed at the Marriott and took a Princess transfer to the port.  Worked very well.  Wife isn't one to change things that have worked.  She insisted we stay at the Marriott again.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Are you guys cruising together?  Hmmm.....  Do the Whiskey bars ever have Blue Moon?  Asking for a friend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Are you guys cruising together?  Hmmm.....  Do the Whiskey bars ever have Blue Moon?  Asking for a friend.

It’s a new ship.  Call and see if they have any cabins left.  Your friend can ask the bartender in person!😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2