Celebrity - No Belfast excursions?

We are booked for a Celebrity Cruise for the British Isles next year.  All the other ports have excursions except Belfast.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/pcp-excursions/belfast-northern-ireland-tours?port=BFT

23 cruises and I've never had this happen before.  I'm a bit concerned here that perhaps we have an itinerary change coming or something.  Anyone have any ideas?  Should I just go book something private?

1 minute ago, CruiserBruce said:

Have you asked this on the Celebrity board?

No.  I think I should be clearer why I posted here.  I've seen commentary on the forums that regardless of cruiseline, Belfast is tending to cancel cruise lines from coming in certain times of the year (same as a lot of other European ports honestly).  I'm wondering if a) that is true and b) if other cruiselines are seeing the same for British Isles cruises.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2024 at 2:59 PM, mtempelaar said:

We are booked for a Celebrity Cruise for the British Isles next year.  All the other ports have excursions except Belfast.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/pcp-excursions/belfast-northern-ireland-tours?port=BFT

23 cruises and I've never had this happen before.  I'm a bit concerned here that perhaps we have an itinerary change coming or something.  Anyone have any ideas?  Should I just go book something private?

When is your sailing? Ours is in August and has Belfast excursions listed

Belfast has (in my eyes) only two big things to offer; either the Titanic Museum and on otherside the resent past with the IRA... the first thing you can really do on your own ... for the second one I recommend booking a own private tour (maybe when you are sure that Belfast is not cancelled) 

Google for "Black Taxi Tours" or "Black Cab Tours"

I'm told Celebrity only lists Belfast shore excursions 6 months in advance.  I assume it's to allow them some flexibility in changing the port if needed. 

This was from NCL statement for an Oct 2024 sailing that completely changed it's Ireland itinerary:

"The notification email references "recently improsed restrictions" on seasonal tendering operations in Ireland, stating that tendering is not allowed from October through April. The reasoning behind this is unknown at this time, but could be related to severe winter weather and the safety of small boats at that time, or as part of seasonal environmental protection measures."

I note that Belfast is a docking port, not tendering.

I also found this, for Dublin, from the harbormaster to a Cruise Critic poster: "I can only speak for Dun Laoghaire, a decision was made not to facilitate cruise ships on tender calls during winter months from next year, due to safety concerns and the likelihood of calls being cancelled due to bad weather, high winds and rough seas experienced in these parts, at that time of year.

Normally for the European winter months, cruise ships re-locate to the Mediterranean and Caribbean.

Dun Laoghaire has calls into October this year, breaking for winter and recommencing in April next year.

Following on from next year the cruise season in Dun Laoghaire will be April to October."

Edited by mtempelaar