Can I do better than Royal Caribbean?

Hi my name is Andy

It's crossed my mind to look for a holiday on land, but I just can't believe I can find one to beat a Royal Caribbean cruise.

Let me qualify this, i have two young kids who cruise with us, and I'd hate to downgrade the activities they have access to.

Have you cruises with RC with kids, then gone back to land holidays and been satisfied or even better?  I'd love to hear from you.  

• 2 weeks later...

Royal Caribbean aim their cruise experience at  the younger audience.  I found them a bit too much with commercial presentation and repeated announcements. They have a lot of add ons and no real discounts for children.  I should look at the ship you are thinking of booking and go through the facilities.

Regards John

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Royal Caribbean are now charging for the use of some facilities, which used to be free, might be worth looking at MSC supposed to be good for families, i have not tried them, but worth checking them out.

Edited by Dinje1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 9:23 PM, Hi my name is Andy said:

It's crossed my mind to look for a holiday on land, but I just can't believe I can find one to beat a Royal Caribbean cruise.

Let me qualify this, i have two young kids who cruise with us, and I'd hate to downgrade the activities they have access to.

Have you cruises with RC with kids, then gone back to land holidays and been satisfied or even better?  I'd love to hear from you.  

We are very similar to yourselves! We have been fortunate to cruise a few times now with a few lines and love cruising for the exact thing you've said, access to activities! That being said we definitely appreciate the cost involved with cruising so we often do look for land holidays too! In the UK we tend to go for short breaks, to the various theme parks and in the USA we like to go to the parks over there too! We get the annual passes which help for value with Universal! The thing we find with land holidays is that the activities are great still, as we choose them BUT the one thing I miss compared to a cruise? Not having to pay for breakfast, lunch or dinner!! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We're taking our kids and grandchildren on the RCI Antham in May. It will be their first time on a cruise ship and we think this will give them a taste for cruising, but as far as land hoidays go Centre parcs is great but V expensive as you have to pay extra for lots of things, but we tried Potters near Gt Yarmouth and the family loved it. Fully inclusive, activities all day good food and includes all your drinks; about the same cost as Centre parcs but everything is included. Only problem is its a bit of an old fashioned holiday camp, but its clean, well kept ad the staff are great with the grand kids..

• Like 1

Hi, Andy,

MSC's large ships, eg MSC Seaside and MSC Virtuosa, match / beat RCI for the wow factor and for entertaining the kids and young adults . The whistles & bells in the kids' pool areas and adventure parks are especially awesome, and the fares are keen eg kids go free.

JB 🙂

• Like 1