One way scooter rental for Europe? Possible?

Hello-- A friend and I booked a Portsmouth - Iceland cruise for summer 2025 then I realized my scooter problem. I do not own my own, yet, because of logistics. However I rent them. This is my first Europe cruise and trip to Europe in decades. I have SPMS and use a rollator 100%. ****1)  is there a way to rent a scooter in Portsmouth for one way 2) should I just buy one in US and pray that it is treated well in its voyage over 3) should I win the lottery and book the return cruise back to Portsmouth 4) other solution? 

Many thanks!

Kim

First, you need to go to the special needs section of your cruise line website.  That should tell you what companies rent equipment to be delivered to their ship.  There might be a number to call for that info.  Call those companies and ask if they rent one way.  What are you using for your travel to Portsmouth?  EM

• Like 1

Rentals through SpecialNeedsAtSea or Scootaround) lay be available, however they may not be inexpensive  

If you rent in the US, your equipment will fly for free, however you will need to address your ground transportation needs (eg, getting from the airport to  the ship and from the ship back to whatever airport you are flying back from. London's black taxis can accommodate most scooters.

You should also consider whether you can climb the stairs on motorcoaches. That may inform how you select excursions. Unless specified, I would not (unfortunately) expect the bus to have a lift. 

A few years ago we hired an electric wheelchair from these people. They will deliver directly to the ship and the service is affordable and first class.

https://www.mobilityatsea.co.uk/accessible-cruising

The comment about ship organised tours is correct. Even shuttle buses are not always accessible. If you want a tour, you will probably need to make your own arrangements,

Edited by Bob++