Pool in retreat lounge

HappyPlace1

Keep in mind the Eclipse, while it's a lovely ship with a great Retreat staff, is severely lacking in Retreat amenities.  No sun deck (let alone a Retreat pool), and Michael's Club (the Retreat Lounge area) is kind of a dingy place IMO with no snacks (peanuts maybe) and no real vibe to it.

Luminae was great...servers were fantastic, and our butler was teriffic as well.

2 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

Keep in mind the Eclipse, while it's a lovely ship with a great Retreat staff, is severely lacking in Retreat amenities.  No sun deck (let alone a Retreat pool), and Michael's Club (the Retreat Lounge area) is kind of a dingy place IMO with no snacks (peanuts maybe) and no real vibe to it.

Luminae was great...servers were fantastic, and our butler was teriffic as well.

To each their own, I guess. We love the old Michael's Club vibe on the original S class ships. We find the chairs to be much more comfortable and love the dark wood atmosphere more than the E class ships. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcbiker97 said:

To each their own, I guess. We love the old Michael's Club vibe on the original S class ships. We find the chairs to be much more comfortable and love the dark wood atmosphere more than the E class ships. 

Absolutely, to each their own.  I suppose it's all about what one looks for in a suite lounge.  Yes the chairs were comfortable, but there were never more than a handful of people there in the pre-dinner evening cocktail hours, and there were no hor dourves.  There was just no real social vibe like we have preferred in other ship suite lounge areas.

1 minute ago, CruisinShips said:

Absolutely, to each their own.  I suppose it's all about what one looks for in a suite lounge.  Yes the chairs were comfortable, but there were never more than a handful of people there in the pre-dinner evening cocktail hours, and there were no hor dourves.  There was just no real social vibe like we have preferred in other ship suite lounge areas.

I guess it's ship dependent. While there's not the small buffet of hors d'oeuvres, like on E class, we are almost always asked if we'd like anything, and the bar servers bring them from the back.  Agree that it can be super quiet, but then again, we like that.

• Like 1