Shuttle in Livorno port to train station?

Galan32

3 minutes ago, Galan32 said:

Hello , we want to go to Lucca on our own while in port in Livorno.  Does anyone know if there is a shuttle to the train station?

Or to center of town? 

Thanks, Gary

In 2019, Crystal Serenity provided a complimentary shuttle from the port to a central drop off point in Livorno. I do not know what the current situation may be. There are several local tour companies that offer economical bus transfers from Livorno to Lucca and Pisa. On the return the tour bus dropped us off directly on the pier; we did not need to transfer back to the Crystal shuttle bus.

Again, this was in 2019. Not certain of the current situation post-Covid.

Rob

Gary, I've experienced it both ways in Livorno. Sometimes as Rob said and other time just a shuttle to drop you off at the port gate.  I would tell you more often port gate than to a central point.  

I would recommend checking with on board guest services to see if they know at this point in time and if not when they will know.

On a related note give yourself plenty of time to return if you are using the train just in case there is a breakdown or some other delay.

Lucca is a great place to visit.  There are companies that will drop you off there, and meet you at a designated time to get you back to the port.  You can get recommendation on the Italy Ports Board. 

Keith

I found this Reflections from April 2019 which Rob was also referring to. This was our last time in Livorno.  On this voyage this shows information about the shuttle.

As I mentioned, I would check with on board guest services for your voyage.

Keith

2024-01-27_01-40-32.thumb.png.facf3ad3fd53c54756561ceb7b75d751.png