Pre-ordering Alcohol packages

HockeyBoysMom

you are ok but the selection for bottles from room service is very limited for rum and whiskeys. Vodka choices are ok. Just because you see a brand on the bar doesn't mean that you can buy a bottle for the room. Same goes for duty free. There are no aged rums available by the bottle even when you are in the Caribbean. Buy it on shore and bring it to your room. They don't make an issue out of it for a single bottle but don't expect to take a 6 pack and be sure to buy your mixers in port as they are very high on the ship. Just pack a couple of bottles in you checked bags, They only look for weapons or explosives. My bag was held up for a knife that I used to cut limes but there were 2 jugs of rum and vodka in the same bag and nothing was said.

Does anyone have a copy of the alcohol available from room service, with the costs? Or, can you direct me (nicely) where to go to find a menu that would include the alcohol?

I looked at the gift menu, but it sounds like you have a bigger variety (literally and figuratively) via room service.

Thanks in advance.

I just got off the Regal Princess March 23,2006. Preordered 1 Liter no Problem, Also had price list in room that included 1 L.

I just preordered another 1 Liter for my May 15, 2006 Alaska . However yesterday 4/7 I received a call from Ericia at Princess special services dept. Tel# 661-284-4434 or 1-800-Princess EX 44433. She stated that she is canceling my order because no alcohol can be preordered & you will not to be able to order any for in stateroom consumption onboard.:mad: So folks it looks like I will resort to smuggling.:eek:

Can anyone else confirm this, that you can't pre-order alcohol to be delivered to the room?

Does this just apply to pre-ordering or does this include ordering from room service?

I really can't believe the they would do this.

Anyone know when this is coming in to effect? We are on Dawn Princess on 19th April, and whilst I am not averse to smuggling the odd bottle in the suitcase, we are flying out from the U.K., so not as easy as usual!

Sue.

• 4 weeks later...

We are sailing on the Island Princes 6/5. We called last night to order a beer package, etc. We were told that you can purchase liter bottles of liquor from the bar once on the ship. Hope the information we received is true!

We pre-ordered two beer packages. When we got on board we found out that it was cheaper on board then what we paid.

I discovered this on the Star last summer. The price onboard was cheaper when ordering from room service versus the pre-order price. I guess they add on a service fee to process the pre-order.

I'm on the Coral Princess right now,and you can't order larger bottles from any bar. Only the smaller bottles that come with pop from room service. The bartender said that they stopped it starting this cruise.

We were in Aruba today and my DH bought a 6 pack of beer and a bottle of rum and had no trouble bringing it on board.:)

Archived