Pre-ordering Alcohol packages

HockeyBoysMom

I have been thinking of ordering a alcohol package for my hubby to have in our room. He likes both Rum and Bourban, however, he is a little picky on the type. Does anyone know what type of rum and/or bourban comes with these packages or if it is possible to specify a brand? Thanks for the help. I would hate to order it for him and have it sit there all week because it is one he doesn't like.

Dusty

Hey Dusty! The best thing that you can do as of now (with no responses) is to talk to your travel agent. If you booked directly with the cruise line, feel free to give them a call. They can always answer questions of that sort for you. They will also have a list of what liquer's are available for the packages.

I tried to find the answer to your question, but failed. In the 2005 Cruise Answer Book all the various bottle of liquor were listed with prices. There is no such listing in the 2006 book. I think Princess is cutting back on its pre-order service. I think it is better to order after you are on board anyway. But what I remember of the booze list is that there was usually one brand of low quality and one brand of high quality of just about every type of booze. I am a bourbon drinker and my choices of American Whisky were Seagrams 7 (low end) and Jack Daniels (high end). Don't know about the rum.

I agree with Tom O. Much better to order from room service after you board. You can then ask specific questions of room service and get what you what. They will deliver within 20 minutes. $2.00 tip is what we do. Phyllis

Those bottles in the pre-order packages are quit small. 375 ml is equivalent to about 3/4 of a pint or just 1-1/2 cups. So I agree wait until you are on board and order a liter bottle of better quality for close to the same price.

Those bottles in the pre-order packages are quit small. 375 ml is equivalent to about 3/4 of a pint or just 1-1/2 cups. So I agree wait until you are on board and order a liter bottle of better quality for close to the same price.

I thought Princess stopped that late last year? if you check their website, those 1 litre packages are no longer available.

I was on the Star in early March and the price for a liter of Jack D was about $27 delivered to the room. Mixer (ie. soda was extra). Considering the price of a drink from the bar, it worked out well for us.

I thought Princess stopped that late last year? if you check their website, those 1 litre packages are no longer available.

No they aren't available on the website for pre-order but they are still available through room service or from the lobby bar on board ship.

No they aren't available on the website for pre-order but they are still available through room service or from the lobby bar on board ship.

Oh... that is so good to hear... I thought when they took it off the website, they stopped the service. Yeah for Princess!!!

We are on the Tahitian next weekend. Our cruise answer book had a full selection of both pacjkages and liter bottle sales. We ordered a liter of Stoli for $22, and a liter of Seagrams for $22. Our cruise mates ordered a liter of Absolut for $22 and a liter of Crown Royal for $27.

Our Visa cards have already been charged.

Once we get there we will hit the market for mixers, or if the prices are too high, we will order through our cabin steward.

Hi there...why not do what we just did on 3-17-06 on Brilliance of the Seas. You can call Shelley at Just Because of You and order a Bon Voyage package to be sent to your cabin prior to sailing. It can have whatever you want in it...liquor, beer, wine or champagne. We put some 30 cases of beer in 15 rooms on our sailing. It really helped with the bar bill and us having some drinks in our cabin. Needless to say, we still spent some on the ship!!

Tell Shelley you read about her from Judi on the Cruise Critic Boards and she will be more than eager to help meet your needs.

Bon Voyage and have fun!!

Judi

Hi there...why not do what we just did on 3-17-06 on Brilliance of the Seas. You can call Shelley at Just Because of You and order a Bon Voyage package to be sent to your cabin prior to sailing. It can have whatever you want in it...liquor, beer, wine or champagne. We put some 30 cases of beer in 15 rooms on our sailing. It really helped with the bar bill and us having some drinks in our cabin. Needless to say, we still spent some on the ship!!

Tell Shelley you read about her from Judi on the Cruise Critic Boards and she will be more than eager to help meet your needs.

Bon Voyage and have fun!!

Judi

That must have been some party-30 cases of beer! That would tend to cut down on the bar bill a tad. I'm surprised that the cruise lines would allow this.

We just got back from the Sapphire last week. We pre-ordered two beer packages. When we got on board we found out that it was cheaper on board then what we paid. So we turned in our vouchers and got a refund.

Oh, and by the way ,the cruise was great!

Princess doesn't.

I will check this out with Shelley tomorrow. I was told they deliver to all the major ports and all cruise lines??? Let me get that confirmed and let you all know!

Posting tomorrow!!

Judi

Oh... that is so good to hear... I thought when they took it off the website, they stopped the service. Yeah for Princess!!!

A lot of people did. That's why there were so many rumors that you could no longer get the liter bottles on board ship. That would have caused a lot more people to smuggle liquor on board.

I will check this out with Shelley tomorrow. I was told they deliver to all the major ports and all cruise lines??? Let me get that confirmed and let you all know!

Posting tomorrow!!

Judi

Just checked w/Shelley and she said that they are allowed to place all sorts of things on Princess. The ports they can not place at are NJ, Baltimore, Philadelphia and NY. Otherwise, they can place with a service fee charged of approx. $5-8. Give her a call and see for yourself.

Judi

I talked to Shelly on Monday and asked about a web-site or price list. Apparently the hurricane damaged or destroyed her home. They don't have a website at this time. She just asked me what I was interested in and gave me a "general" price as I was looking more for a pricelist. A 12 pack of domestic beer would run about $25.00 plus ship fee. It sounds like you can order as many items as you want for the 1 ship fee, but not certain. Shelly's very amusing to talk with.

Archived