Amount of walking in downtown Puerto Vallarta

doctoranna

If we were to take an Uber or taxi to downtown PV to see the cathedral and the Malecon and maybe a little souvenir shopping, how much walking would be involved?  We have a member in our group who can do some walking, but probably not much more than 1/2 mile of uninterrupted walking.  Are there places to sit down in the Centro area?

24 minutes ago, doctoranna said:

If we were to take an Uber or taxi to downtown PV to see the cathedral and the Malecon and maybe a little souvenir shopping, how much walking would be involved?  We have a member in our group who can do some walking, but probably not much more than 1/2 mile of uninterrupted walking.

As much or as little as you like really-- you can get dropped off right by the Plaza de Armas and then you are a very short flat walk to the church (it's a fairly modest but pretty church-- don't want you your expectations out of line if you are expecting a grand cathedral which it is not). The Malecon is just on the other side of the Plaza which you can wander along and just call another car from whenever you want to leave. But the area around the church, Plaza, and malecon is very small and manageable. 

28 minutes ago, doctoranna said:

Are there places to sit down in the Centro area?

Plenty of seats in the Plaza de Armas itself. Bunch of restaurants etc along the Malecon and adjoining streets downtown. 

Ine, I thought that the walk to the Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe from the Plaza de Armas is uphill, and then the stairs up to the church are a bit steep.  Not too steep for a normal-abled person, but perhaps too much for someone with walking issues.  Maybe I'm thinking of another church or another port?

It is a beautiful church, in any event!

14 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

Ine, I thought that the walk to the Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe from the Plaza de Armas is uphill, and then the stairs up to the church are a bit steep.  Not too steep for a normal-abled person, but perhaps too much for someone with walking issues.  Maybe I'm thinking of another church or another port?

It is a beautiful church, in any event!

Yes the street goes a bit uphill, but I think it is not a big problem. Hoeveer indeed to enter the church you unfortunately need to take the stairs up. If I remember well the church Iglesia de Santa Cruz at Aquacate in old town has no stairs to enter. Not that famous but also a nice church.