Rum Baba in Queens Grill

e&mcruise

We have heard amazing things about the Rum Baba in the Verandah Restaurant but as we are travelling in Queens Grill we are not planning to dine at the Verandah on our 5 night trip as it seems a waste. Believe it maybe possible to order this dessert by pre-order in QG......can anyone confirm from experience?

Never ordered it but if I can have caviar every night if I want [I don't] and pre ordered item which appears on a pop up menu,  I don't see why a Rum Baba is beyond the realms of possibility. 🙂

• Thanks 1

We ordered this off menu in PG November 2022 and in QG December 2023.

We ordered evening beforehand

Maitre D’ did state “it wont be identical to the Verandah as thats unique to them”.

In PG came in a dish and they poured rum on it at the table.

QG same in a dish not the silver container they use in Verandah, they flambeed it at the table with more rum.

Both of them were as amazing as the Verandah served ones but the spectacle of the flambeing made it seem even better. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Craigrlewis said:

We ordered this off menu in PG November 2022 and in QG December 2023.

We ordered evening beforehand

M

thats great because the Rum Baba is the main reason I go to the verandah....you just saved me $50.... thanks....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

thats great because the Rum Baba is the main reason I go to the verandah....you just saved me $50.... thanks....

That is our situation too. My DH loves his Rum Baba but we are already in QG so seems silly to pay an extra USD$100 to eat elsewhere on board.

Just now, e&mcruise said:

That is our situation too. My DH loves his Rum Baba but we are already in QG so seems silly to pay an extra USD$100 to eat elsewhere on board.

at least the diamond coupon helps, ill have to do a test and compare the two products,....ill let you know...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, roscoe39 said:

Paperless or not, i refered to the diamond perk of a free lunch or discount against a dinner meal at the verandah.

Sorry, again being a newbie, not understanding. Is this a loyalty level? ie silver gold diamond Or is this a benefit of being in QG?

22 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

A free lunch at the Verandah restaurant  is a perk of being a Diamond member ( the highest tier ) of the  World Club loyalty programme. 

Ahhhhhh got it. Apologies for my ignorance and thanks for your input. 🙂

30 minutes ago, e&mcruise said:

Ahhhhhh got it. Apologies for my ignorance and thanks for your input. 🙂

don't apologise the forum is here to answer any questions, as they say...theres no such things as a silly question.....just a sarcastic answer (which is not acceptable)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

don't apologise the forum is here to answer any questions, as they say...theres no such things as a silly question.....just a sarcastic answer (which is not acceptable)

Sarcastic answers around here…?